Sim racers - what are you running?

Caporegime
I'll scour the thread soon but wondering what a decent budget option is for racing?

I want to use a steering wheel and peddles but it's a bit of a mine field, tbh cheaper the better as I'm not a crazy driver, I just like to dabble.

Soldato
Honestly you cant go wrong with the Logitech range G29/G920 etc for a ton and a half.

But depends on what "the cheaper the better" means.

For example I thought going Direct Drive with the CSL DD was going to be cheap. Still ended up being about a grands worth of gear despite the cheaper CSL DD.

Caporegime
Honestly you cant go wrong with the Logitech range G29/G920 etc for a ton and a half.

But depends on what "the cheaper the better" means.

For example I thought going Direct Drive with the CSL DD was going to be cheap. Still ended up being about a grands worth of gear despite the cheaper CSL DD.

Yeah I'm talking probably a quarter of that, if not less if I can :D

Soldato
forgot about this thread. My csl dd has next week down for delivery (fingers crossed). My rig came yesterday, so looking forward to getting it all setup.

decided on the mclaren wheel and the clubsport v3 pedals.

Soldato
forgot about this thread. My csl dd has next week down for delivery (fingers crossed). My rig came yesterday, so looking forward to getting it all setup.

decided on the mclaren wheel and the clubsport v3 pedals.
Got the McLaren with my CSL-DD and is a decent bit of kit for the money. Nice and chunky, some say the shifters are a bit loud but I wear headphones so doesn't bother me :)

Soldato
Got the McLaren with my CSL-DD and is a decent bit of kit for the money. Nice and chunky, some say the shifters are a bit loud but I wear headphones so doesn't bother me :)

Yep, it's a bit like when people moan about not having a good enough graphics card. If you've got time to look at the graphics, you ain't going fast enough :D:D:D

Headphones must be worn, nice and loud too :cool:

Soldato
I've had a CSL DD sat in a box since August! I ordered it as a Xmas pressie so the Mrs grabbed it and is storing it until Xmas! I have a ton of DIY to get done so I'm trying to have a break from Sim Racing to make switching to the CSL DD more of an event!

Soldato
Building my first simrig ready for Christmas. Mrs didn't know I was taking over the spare bedroom until it was too late.

Day1

Built the front half of the stand and TV rack.

KMQup5t.jpg

Day2

Laid new carpet tiles

fW0gxOH.jpg

Day3

TV arrived and keyboard stand

fELc33u.jpg

Day4

Second half of the stand fitted

6beBhmx.jpg

What's left

Fitting a buttkicker and sorting out all the cables. I might get some metal slotted channel lengths and bring up the downstairs 5.1 system. Not sure yet.
I'm also in two minds if I should nab a cheap fire tablet on the black friday deals for simhub data.

Back
Top Bottom