Fastest 1080p streaming stick?

Soldato
The 4K Max arrived, installed very easily, and it's so much faster then any of the streaming boxes/sticks I've used in the past, very happy so far!

One thing I didn't notice until it was dispatched was they are offering a 20% discount if you send in your old stick (Gen 1 for me) totally free etc... Hey ho! :rolleyes:

Glad you like it. I'll hopefully pick one up on black Friday.

I saw the offer. I think I've thrown my old ones away though.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies guys.

Probably going to go for the Roku 4K Streaming stick plus.

Have some Rokus already (Roku 2) but they are slow but the UI works.

Have read the Fire UI can be a mess sometimes and overly promoting Amazon products for those not in the Amazon eco system?

The Roku UI is rather clean I think.

Is between the 4K Max or the 4K Streaming Stick+

Last edited:
Associate
What is the performance of these Firesticks if Wi-Fi isn't super fast?

Thinking of picking one up for my parents, my parents router is a fair bit of distance from the living room TV and only 100mb connection (BT). I was thinking of trying but wondered if it will be doomed to fail.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

I went with the Roku Streaming Stick+ in the end.

Only reason was the less bloated UI.

Sideloading onto the Firestick would have been nice but sideloading seems less useful than it was in the early days of the Fire devices.

Thanks all.

Associate
I have just ordered the cube as I have the previous gen firestick and have nothing but trouble with it, overheating, loss of wifi connection and random restarts. Was put off trying another so hope the cube is a better upgrade.
Current firestick is only 3m from the router and is plugged in to a powered hdmi switch, has decent airflow etc, complained to Amazon a few times but they weren't interested. I should have pushed for a replacement earlier on.
At least the cube comes with an ethernet adapter and has better storage so hopefully I can install some old arcade games etc..

Back
Top Bottom