• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
Nvidia Hotfix Driver 496.98

The hotfix addresses the following issues:

- [YouTube: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. [3420164]
- [Notebook]: Black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz panels when in discrete GPU mode [3426730]
- Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled
- [3442778]Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in random black screen [3437003]
- [Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. [200766423]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5281

Soldato
Nvidia Hotfix Driver 496.98

The hotfix addresses the following issues:

- [YouTube: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. [3420164]
- [Notebook]: Black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz panels when in discrete GPU mode [3426730]
- Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled
- [3442778]Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in random black screen [3437003]
- [Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. [200766423]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5281

Thanks for the post, RDR2 was randomly crashing with no real sign as to why.

Soldato
I am hoping some day they add back adaptive power mode, the new normal mode (which is old optimal power mode) is gimped it has less aggressiveness ramping up clocks so in many games I play I have to use prefer max performance, because gigabyte and co didnt use proper components.

Soldato
There are various modded drivers iv come across, some unlock more than 3 simultaneous video transcodes and some do other stuff.
Still looking at options. Xtreme g drivers seem interesting

I've used XTG drivers in the past but never found them to do anything the official drivers don't do.

I am hoping some day they add back adaptive power mode, the new normal mode (which is old optimal power mode) is gimped it has less aggressiveness ramping up clocks so in many games I play I have to use prefer max performance, because gigabyte and co didnt use proper components.

Would be nice to have more power saving features built in as I don't always need screaming high clocks and I know I can undervolt/underclock in AB but it would be nice to have a 1 button solution within the driver like AMD has in theirs.

Last edited:
Soldato
do you think nvidia will ever be able to release a new driver without having to bring out a hot fix a few days later. :p

I think the devs do it on purpose to make sure they keep in a job!
Never, the nature of software development all the edge cases will never be fully tested & as its a GPU driver their are trillions of tests & areas to check for every driver.

So nothing can be tested fully & software companies will normally have the following

Phase 1 Test set : 10-100,000 tests that need to pass to complete the Normal functionality of a product - Every release
Phase 2 Test set - 100,-100,000,000 tests that need to pass to complete new functionality introduced - Every new feature release
Phase 3 Test set - 10,10,000 - tests to test stuff that's less used

certification testing - Every feature release testing HDMI standards/DP are conformed to

In GPU software even if you had Ai running every test You would never cover every Game with every area of a game map & long enough to find every Issue it would take you hundreds of years to test everything thats with issues that are not always 10/10 reproducible

So general
Driver release will Phase 1
Every few releases it will run phase 1 & 2 + Certification testing

for each release you aim for 90% or more coverage, the users will find the edge cases, this allows you to release software updates faster than testing each release driver release for 3 months at a time

its a good thing hotfixs are released it shows their using automation to fix Crash reports which should feed into more test sets & tested on future releases

Soldato
I've used XTG drivers in the past but never found them to do anything the official drivers don't do.

Would be nice to have more power saving features built in as I don't always need screaming high clocks and I know I can undervolt/underclock in AB but it would be nice to have a 1 button solution within the driver like AMD has in theirs.

Well the "normal" power setting is for you, its incredibly conservative, my clocks dont increase until it hits 90% utilisation.

Its the more aggressive adaptive mode they removed as some of the AIB's produced boards that couldnt handle the larger upward movements in voltage in one go.

Caporegime
497.09 Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-1 gaming experience for ICARUS, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA RTX Global Illumination (RTXGI) to maximize performance and image quality. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles including Chorus and Halo Infinite.

New Features and Other Changes

Added support for the GeForce RTX 2060 12GB

Fixed Issues in this Release

[Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes
while running the game. [200766423]
[Doom 3 BFG Edition]: The games shows corruption upon launch. [3407653]
[You Tube]: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or
during video playback. [3420164]
[NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49,
NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions do not appear in the game. [3434708]
Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled.
[3442778]
[Notebook]: Black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz
panels when in discrete GPU mode. [3426730]
[Notebook]: eDP panel cannot be lit when booting to the desktop after switching to discrete
mode. [3423400]
Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in random black screen.
[3437003]

Download
https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Wind...-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Release Notes
https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/497.09/497.09-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Soldato
Interesting for them to sneak that in there without even officially announcing the card. I guess that confirms it'll be available next week. Well, "available" anyway.

V F

V F

Soldato
What?

[Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes
while running the game. [200766423]

That was fixed with the last release...

Caporegime
Open Issues:
[Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition]: After attempting to change resolutions, the resolution does not change and the game falls out of IFlip mode. [3442862] To apply the new resolution, press Alt+Tab.
[Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. [3405920]
[Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228]
[HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
[NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
[NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
[NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284]

Back
Top Bottom