Poll: Just LOL if you're not LMAO, LMFAO and/or ROFL

Punishment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Hello edgelords (if that even is your real name, which I doubt)

Acronyms were invented just after the internet was born on Tuesday the 22nd. SInce then millenia have passed and today, on the anniversary of the first ever use of 'short group of letters put together to suggest amusement', a very serious question needs answering by GD's finest minds. They were not available so you'll have to fill in (this joke is rad, 9/10, would re-use in future great and informative threads)

On the rare occassion you find anything even remotely funny in your terribly mundane life - perhaps a cat with a watermelon on its head, or a person walking backwards but pretending to walk forwards - which of the following are you most likely to use as short-form for hilarity:

• LOL
  • LMAO
  • LMFAO (edgy and daring!)
  • ROFL
  • ROFLMAO
  • ROFLCOPTER
  • KEK
  • LEL

love,
mags.

e: added important acronyms!

Last edited:
Caporegime
ICQ days.
I never used ICQ, I remember all the early html chat rooms though and that was one of the laughing variants at the time.

HTML chat rooms were fun, if you typed html code it would get executed... like any html code... totally not exploitable at all.

most people just spammed images and midi files though

Caporegime
You seem to have missed the original short form hilarity reaction: "Haha"

You're also missing the modern short form reactions which are emojis... "LOL" and lesser-used acronyms, while still used, have been increasingly superseded these days with the laughing emoji and the head tilt laughing emoji.

Soldato
You seem to have missed the original short form hilarity reaction: "Haha"

You're also missing the modern short form reactions which are emojis... "LOL" and lesser-used acronyms, while still used, have been increasingly superseded these days with the laughing emoji and the head tilt laughing emoji.

I certainly find myself posting the emoji more than saying lol these days

Soldato
I liked the longer version - LMAOROTFBTCSTCNDBFOOTWIFOAGWLLBGWTHROOTSAIAKBAYB - Laughing My Ass Off Rolling On The Floor, Biting The Carpet, Scaring The Cat, Nearly Dying By Falling Out Of The Window In Front Of A Guy Who Looks Like Bill Gates, Who Then Horrified, Runs Out On The Street And Is Accidentally Killed By A Yellow Bulldozer.

It's been more accurate than you'd imagine!

Back
Top Bottom