Have you had any damage from Storm Arwen?

We had just gone to bed about 11 pm when we heard a huge crash.
We ran downstairs to find our next door neighbour had lost all the tiles on his hip ridge, many of which had demolished a lean to pvc roof down the side of our house, but worse one tile had come through the velux window in our kitchen leaving shattered glass in practically ever square foot of the kitchen and work tops. Cant believe our luck as had it happened 5 minutes earlier my daughter would have been stood right under it while making herself a hot milk to take to bed. Still too wild to even try to board it at the moment, ( not that Ive got much to board it up with) at least its not raining and we feel blessed considering some poor soul lost his life tonight in his car to a falling tree.
So its nearly 3 am and I'm waiting for the wind to peak while every internal door in the house is rattling because of the wind pressure so I am still up and sorting our insurance docs. Mrs and daughter are upstairs in our bed trying to get some sleep
We are north of Southport 1 mile from the coast over flat farm land.

Any damage where you are?

Soldato
Yes - next door's yard wall and garage door (back of house) has just fallen down - hence why I'm up at this hour! Also half of my fence (that I only had put up last year) has blown off the top of my front garden wall and the fence separating me and my other neighbour has fallen down completely. All fun and games! Just glad that wall hasn't touched my car as it came down!

1637998370.jpg

Soldato
That doesn't look like it has finished coming down :s

I think so, that huge chunk with the crack through it is leaning over to their side so if it does go too it'll be in their yard. I've moved my car but no where safe to park in the street without future risk of storm damage tonight.

Soldato
Lots of leaves in the garden.

I moved our car further down the driveway as we have a huge tree at the front of the house that likes to shed bark when it's windy. Neighbour braved it parking their 21 plate car right under it. I suspect it was more stupidity/ignorance than anything.

Man of Honour
Yes - next door's yard wall and garage door (back of house) has just fallen down - hence why I'm up at this hour! Also half of my fence (that I only had put up last year) has blown off the top of my front garden wall and the fence separating me and my other neighbour has fallen down completely. All fun and games! Just glad that wall hasn't touched my car as it came down!

1637998370.jpg
I think I'd be moving that car if it was mine.

It must be bad out there, my cat took one look at the garden and refused to go outside last night.

Soldato
dodged a bullet, had a huge tree come over at about midnight but somehow escaped damage by the skin of my teeth - it's about 45 degrees, bushy top pressing against the house but no damage that i can see. place looks like a bomb hit it.

Associate
Not too bad for me personally. Kids trampoline has decided to vacate the garden. My own fault, didn't even think to move it or weigh it down.
Ridge tiles have slipped. Ones landed in the garden luckily missing the car

Soldato
Not been outside yet but all looks good, had to go out last night to move wheelie bins as the wind turned them over, luckily they were all pretty much empty so no mess to clean up. Next door's trampoline is in the opposite corner to where it usually lives but that's all l can see.

Soldato
My chili plants are all over the patio, but that'll teach me to be lazy, I should have put them in the green bin weeks ago.

Fence panels all holding up, it must have something to do with me driving in 100 screws per panel and hammering wooden wedges into the locating grooves to stop them rattling.

Soldato
Our inflatable snowman (it wasn't inflated) decided it was way too early to be out (speak to the Mrs) and has vacated the garden.

Luckily no obvious damage to our property, one of the fences, fairly new as well is flexing abit.

Over the road has lost a load of ridge tiles and now has a car that's probs written off, their 12ft trampoline has also disappeared.

Soldato
Brief trip out this morning here. Some fences down and lots of small branches dragged to the sides of roads. Trivial stuff compared to other areas.

Came back to an email telling me Ness Gardens were closed due to power cut and 'significant damage in and around the gardens'.

Back
Top Bottom