Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Trees down here, some damage to roofs. How our wobbly wooden fence is still upright I don't know. Only damage to our place is the Fiber line has lost a couple of clips at the top so it's flapping around, was going to sort it myself but thought bugger it get BT to sort it.

Soldato
Lots of trees down this morning, one blocking the access to the workshop, lorry on its side on the A19.

Not as much carnage asni expected though given the noise the wing and hail was making last night.

Soldato
The Christmas fair which has various stalls and rides outside my work has been cancelled due to the bad weather. No snow but very strong winds.

Think the rides aren’t allowed to operate in bad weather as been a few cases of children being killed 3-5 years ago. Probably part of their insurance policy.

Soldato
My kids football has been cancelled because of snow.
Glad really, even without snow -4 wind chill and 40mph gusts wouldn’t have been fun.

Soldato
Absolute chaos up in the Cotswolds.
I was due to be at the airport at 11 today, after leaving the house at 9am, it took an hour to get to the top of the hill, right into the think of the chaos.

First flight I'll miss in 13 years! Re-booked for tomorrow :(

Associate
Bit of sleet/snow here at about 9AM, didn't amount to anything. The strong winds meant a patchy night's sleep at best. I live in a two year old new(ish) build which seems to have held up fine, but just over the hedgerow on the next development of one million homes it was chaos all night where the builders dropped everything and legged it yesterday afternoon - I could hear random stuff smashing in to things all night. Winds are still strong now and my idiot neighbour who put his bins out yesterday morning came home from work, then proceeded to go off galivanting last night (still hasn't come back) without bringing his bins back in and now has all of his bins deposited at random points all the way down the road. I could go and gather them back up, but then he won't learn that he needs to bring them back in once they've been emptied instead of leaving them out for days on end.

On the plus side I appear to have gained what appears to be a very nice looking BBQ cover - it would be great if I owned a BBQ.

Caporegime
Some big tree branches are snapped off near me, and what looks like a protective layer from some roof is laying in the street

like a big asphalt sheet and loads of foam looking blocks all smashed up all over the place.

I stayed awake until 4am until the wind died down a bit... I was too scared to sleep lol..

My bedroom window was totally flexing with every gust of wind that hit it....

from a side profile it should be a flat line right |
but it was going like this shape as the force of the wind pushed on the glass
\
/

the horizontal pvc divider part was literally moving about half an inch, I don't know how the glass didn't shatter

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone down the street is having some interior renovation done, the idiots (or idiot builders?) left all the cardboard packaging, foam, plastic wrap from what looks like an entire kitchen install on their driveway, guess where all that packaging material is now currently located. In all the trees/hedges/of all the neighbours down the street.

Hopefully they make it right and go round to collect it all.

Back
Top Bottom