The 2021 Black Friday Deals Thread

Soldato
Presumably no hub means no accessories like light switches, reliant on WiFi rather than ZigBee and range repeating, etc.

Yep it's all not very ideal for a Smart home. A good portion of IoT devices are only available with WiFi so the last thing you want to be doing is cluttering the network with bulbs that are perfectly acceptable on ZigBee.

Soldato
Ikea didn't put any of their zigbee tradfri bulbs in Black friday ... black fridays not their thing -
tv news was saying black friday continues tomorrow really - amazon are counting down it's end though at midnight.

Caporegime
Presumably no hub means no accessories like light switches, reliant on WiFi rather than ZigBee and range repeating, etc.

Never had issues as I have smart speakers and smart phones as well as home assistant and you can use a normal switch to turn them on and off too. So not reliant on WiFi unless you aren't in the room.

Soldato
Dropped my Fitbit and a tiny piece of plastic from the watch part chipped off where the strap plugs in. So unable to wear it as a watch. As I can clip it in but not staying.

Ordered a replacement. Thank goodness for BF as saved £40.

Feel so lost without a Fitbit on my wrist.

Soldato
Ikea didn't put any of their zigbee tradfri bulbs in Black friday ... black fridays not their thing -
tv news was saying black friday continues tomorrow really - amazon are counting down it's end though at midnight.

They're pretty well priced all year round.

Associate
I got myself the new Apple TV 4k, no discount but I got a £40 voucher to use in future.
Also our kids birthdays are 20th and 30th December so my wife does pretty much all of the xmas shopping over the weekend, little discounts on bits and bobs on that.
This is the first year I've not got any new Hue stuff, main reason being I've ran out of places to put them lol.

Back
Top Bottom