• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Display port graphics card....

Soldato
Hello,

I have a Gigabyte M32u monitor with x2 HDMI 2.1 ports and x1 Display port 1.4 (DSC) oh and a USB C port but no idea if that carries video.

Both HDMI 2.1 ports are taken with PS5 and Series X.

I need to connect my old desktop PC to the spare display port on the monitor.

I want a cheap basic graphics card that has a displayport connection ?

Anyone point me in the right direction or let me know what cards will do this ?

My old PC only has onboard HDMI and VGA. So i need a cheap card to give me displayport.

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks Ben

Associate
Assuming you have a GPU already (and given how hard it is to get them right now) you could always use an HDMI to DP cable or adapter. They're about £25 from memory.

Associate
Not sure if you want or need a slightly fresher model, but you can find the 2GB T400 cards for about £70 in the sale this weekend. They have 3 Mini DisplayPort 1.4 ports, and are only 30w cards (also tiny and cute).

Soldato
OP
I do like the sound of the display port to hdmi adapter not thought of that, quick look on amazon and there a £10 but only 4k @ 30Hz or 1080 @ 60hz.

On the ocuk web site theres the NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030 LP OC 2048MB GDDR4 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD for £75 which has a display port.

Thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom