• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Keen to know if any new 3080,Fe owners have a silent port side fan or not. Now my cooler is off I removed the fan and put a bit of bearing oil in. No real difference, still has a brushing sound to it.

Fan is impossible to source.

Soldato
Do you think DPD would care if you changed the address to your home address? Assuming people have already ordered an FE card previously?

not sure only know it worked with neighbour but DPD originally tried to deliver to original address when no one answered went to neighbour , not sure how far out address you could request also if you look on DPD site you can insert post code and see the closest drop off spots

Associate
Also the fan curve is more intelligent, in the past any AIB cards I owned used to have fan going on and off as it crossed thresholds repeatedly, these seem to have a system where they wont turn fan off until its well below the on threshold and vice versa to avoid the on/off loop.

I haven't even done anything with the fan, just left it at default and it's been fine. Might look into doing that and a bit of undervolting.

Soldato
No brushing type noise here, should have rma'd it I returned first 3080fe I had for coil whine and receieved placement within the same week pretty sure they hold stock for RMA purposes

Soldato
No brushing type noise here, should have rma'd it I returned first 3080fe I had for coil whine and receieved placement within the same week pretty sure they hold stock for RMA purposes
Yeah. I've water cooled it anyway. So not really that bothered. I'll look out for a fan from Ali if this card migrates to a build for my lad in a couple of years.

A few on a post I'm following else where had their RMA rejected apparently Nvidia have a note about it and say it's acceptable.

Associate
No matter the approach. Buying then selling for profit is bad.

Lol, this is what OCUK's entire business model is. And all the other retail stores in the world too.

Scalpers have just seen the immense arbitrage opportunity with these particular cards and are acting like normal humans - in their own best interest.

At least the one card policy has worked to some degree, as I've seen many on these forums say they managed to snag one.

Soldato
It's a case of installing telegram and then search for "Fe PartAlert" sub to that and wait for a ping. If you get an alert you would need to be pretty instant.

Not sure it will happen this side of Christmas, but who knows.
That only finds a German part alert and a 3070 part alert. Can you be more specific?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
That only finds a German part alert and a 3070 part alert. Can you be more specific?

First install telegram app on phone.

Then on your phone google search "fe partalert telegram"

It should be the first result.

It says;

" Telegram: Join Group Chat

Don't have Telegram yet? Try it now! FE PartAlert. 43 917 members. Channel that automatically publishes stock updates for NVIDIA Founders Edition cards"

Soldato
Lol, this is what OCUK's entire business model is. And all the other retail stores in the world too.

Scalpers have just seen the immense arbitrage opportunity with these particular cards and are acting like normal humans - in their own best interest.

At least the one card policy has worked to some degree, as I've seen many on these forums say they managed to snag one.

Exactly this. You might not like it but it's ultimately a supply/demand problem. If you don't like it don't buy one or sell your own for daft money.

Back
Top Bottom