• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why GPU prices are NOT likely to drop significantly EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Most systems I see you're paying the same for the GPU and the rest of the system made up of old parts.

Yep. I've resorted to looking at prebuilts recently and mostly they are as you say. So you'd end up still paying over the odds for the GPU just like if you bought it on its own but now you've also got a load of other parts that you have to sell on probably at a loss.

Soldato
Either buy a GPU or do something else because prices are not coming down, the longer you wait, the worse deal you get, it's terrible but it's a fact. That's been the case for a year. Next year will be worse, and then probably in Q3 i'm guessing, new GPU's and even worse prices.

Caporegime
Either buy a GPU or do something else because prices are not coming down, the longer you wait, the worse deal you get, it's terrible but it's a fact. That's been the case for a year. Next year will be worse, and then probably in Q3 i'm guessing, new GPU's and even worse prices.
It's not going to get any better until GPU mining stops being a thing.

All the crypto bros will wade in to say, "It's just supply and demand!" Well, yeah, mining is currently causing unprecedented demand... We know that everybody in the game is selling pallets of GPUs and/or chips direct to the large miners.

Supply is so tight because retail is only getting part of the GPU production. The rest is going direct to miners. Then of the units that do hit retail, the small-time miners are competing with gamers to buy those.

Hopefully crypto will bomb at some point. Then all the GPUs will flood the market and we'll see just how many (millions) of GPUs were tied up by the miners. It will be a flood in that case.

Soldato
It's not going to get any better until GPU mining stops being a thing.

All the crypto bros will wade in to say, "It's just supply and demand!" Well, yeah, mining is currently causing unprecedented demand... We know that everybody in the game is selling pallets of GPUs and/or chips direct to the large miners.

Supply is so tight because retail is only getting part of the GPU production. The rest is going direct to miners. Then of the units that do hit retail, the small-time miners are competing with gamers to buy those.

Hopefully crypto will bomb at some point. Then all the GPUs will flood the market and we'll see just how many (millions) of GPUs were tied up by the miners. It will be a flood in that case.

Mining and crypto will be subject to volatility, but they're here to stay. Hopefully it crashes again soon for gamers.

Associate
I remember vega 56's topping £900 during the last crypto craze. I thought ouch, especially for those who bought one and then the price crashed.

Soldato
Everytime I hear it's going to crash it ends up getting stronger.

Exactly, I don't buy it, Crypto.com just spent $700M to sponsor the arena where the LA Lakers play for 20 years, I know that's not the same thing as the market prices, but it shows the trajectory of Crypto.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
:cry::cry::cry:

I know exact who you mean, was rather rich of him to come out with that ;):D

:) and the other one was often the dialogue with Trigger in fools and horses, there were probably more but there has always been a ton of voyeur members that don't post but absolutely fell into this bracket. I think it was the effort and language used by them in the bitterness only for months to pass suddenly come clean with the reality which made it ever so sweeter! :cry:

Soldato
With the news the 40 series will have a 10% hike (for 70 and 80/90 even higher), assuming that's the FE versions, we'll get the same shortages and then the third party versions will be even more expensive.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Correct. Early rumour is saying the 4070FE is at best going to be 10% more so that's nigh on £519.99 being generous here. Expect massive stamped for them. You should all be versed/experienced from the 30 series to know how to handle what is ahead!

Saying that there will probably be a lot of 30 series owners that wont participate in the next gen release as they wont want the rigmarole again or they simply wont feel the need to spend in order to play the new games as the 30 series should cope no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom