Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I don’t know why this conversation never happens with a SE Asian, probably because we grew up with rice cookers, it’s the norm, it’s not a luxury product, it is as common as a kettle. It’s probably the first appliance someone buys when moving into a home before a microwave. I could cook myself a meal with a rice cooker, no microwave. I remember when in my first year at uni, in halls you don’t trust everyone at the start so you don’t put the expensive stuff in the communal kitchen, I kept my (£20 Tefal) rice cooker in my room and cooked it in my room. You see the resistance here from people who are older, can you imagine the questions you get asked from a bunch of 18 year olds who can’t even boil an egg?

SE Asian thing, if you don't have a rice cooker then there is something wrong, if you make rice regularly and you've never tried one, you're missing out. You'd never go back to cooking without a rice cooker.
Wash rice thrice, add water till the first knuckle, click button, **** away off, perfect rice.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Snap On GS80A 1/2" ratchet - Used so I got it nice and cheap, but it's been very well maintained. The industrial finish is probably an acquired taste. It has "patina". Against my Teng stuff, it is very heavy and feels luxuriously smooth. Got an 3/8" F80 coming next week and looking for a 1/4" TXF72.

Soldato
Snap On GS80A 1/2" ratchet - Used so I got it nice and cheap, but it's been very well maintained. The industrial finish is probably an acquired taste. It has "patina". Against my Teng stuff, it is very heavy and feels luxuriously smooth. Got an 3/8" F80 coming next week and looking for a 1/4" TXF72.
Sometimes I think to myself, why the hell do I bother looking in this thread.

The answer is so that I can read things like people describing a socket wrench as if it's a 15 year old whisky

Soldato
IMG-20211126-132101.jpg

Soldato
I'm still using the same Snap On ratchets i bought in the early 90's.
They're pretty much the proverbial "triggers broom" having had the innards replaced many times, but i only paid for them once, and served me well they have.

Soldato
wj78Fmj.jpg

My house changes continue. Yes I need to sort my hose out. The wall bracket broke :p
Yes I need to clean the walls from my dogs. :D

Also fitted a new light fitting in the kitchen. It was just a single bulb before and **** for light. Now it's like the frigging sun is harnessed in there. Oh, and **** light fitting makers. Why they make things so difficult?!

qx2asDm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom