VENOM: Let there be Carnage

Soldato
Hoping Carnage has the raw sadism and reckless abandon for life as he does in the comics, however not sure they'd take it that far in the movies.

I remember reading the Maximum Carnage crossover event in my teens in the 90's and being shocked at the sheer brutality of the violence.

Permabanned
Hoping Carnage has the raw sadism and reckless abandon for life as he does in the comics, however not sure they'd take it that far in the movies.

I remember reading the Maximum Carnage crossover event in my teens in the 90's and being shocked at the sheer brutality of the violence.

I doubt it. They couldn't even let the trailer play out without mentioning the love interest :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I'm well ****** off. After seeing this trailer yesterday I Went to watch Venom last night, after much looking it turns out it's the only Marvel Blu-ray I haven't bloody bought. Could have sworn I did though. :confused:
it's not really a Marvel film, it's a Sony 'shared universe' movie, but so far hasn't included anyone from said shared universe. Would love Tom Holland to turn up, but given this is based on the west coast and Spiderman lives in New York it's unlikely.

Associate
As someone with schizophrenia who has a voice that seems to be with me a lot of the time I really liked the first Venom. I can pretend im a superhero and not seriously ill. haha

Soldato
Re-watched Venom last night. Still a very enjoyable film, and no one can really pull off the 'looks like utter crap' look like Tom Hardy. Love his bike in the film too.

The "That, is a RED one!" comment in the sequel trailer still gets me everytime.

Soldato

Well Carnage was wasted in this, aside from name and appearance bears little similarity to the comics, an utter disappointment.

Associate
First one was much better; this one felt pretty empty and too try hard on the Venom and Eddie relationship.

I love the overall idea of this Venom, but the implementation is a bit lacking.

Caporegime
First one was much better; this one felt pretty empty and too try hard on the Venom and Eddie relationship.

I love the overall idea of this Venom, but the implementation is a bit lacking.

Empty is a good description. There was nothing of substance in this at all.

I actually preferred the first one as well, even though this seemed to get better reviews.

Soldato
Yeah, I felt like they'd had a lot of ideas but they either just didn't know how, or completely forgot to flesh them out.
With everything that they wanted to do, it could have been a 3 hour movie and not felt too long.

As it was, it just felt a bit of a mess, and still felt too long!
I hope something comes from that bit at the end. They can definitely get a good movie from this character. I'm not even a comic book person, it's just clear that there's a lot of untapped potential!

Back
Top Bottom