The 2021 Black Friday Deals Thread

Associate
Got some socks for work, normal ones I buy and can’t say if they where cheaper then last time but needed some more and they where discounted so got some.

Soldato
Bought 3x 250G Single origin Coffee beans from Craft House Coffee roasters, 35% off it was rude not to.
3 new fleece Jackets from Regatta in their BF sale as the three I have are around 10 years old & have seen better days.

Caporegime
Imagine the feeling of lukwarm fatigue you must feel when you buy a thing and then within a matter of days the thing now costs less than you paid for it. Outrage. Feelings of despair. Or do you fool-sense your own brain hole into thinking that the thing you got - which is by every reasonable metric exactly the same as the now cheaper version of the thing - that your one is better because it cost more?

Soldato
Same. Looks like the orders must have been massive. I only bought it for the 4k chromecast anyway.

Yes it seemed a good price for Chromecast even though I don't have 4k at the moment I liked that it has an Ethernet connection. When my trusty Panasonic plasma breaks I'll be moving to 4k. Must be getting on for well over 10 years old now.

On the Stadia front it seems Destiny 2 is free to play without a subscription so will give that a try to test out the service. The subscription might come in handy if I can't get a graphics card that I want at a reasonable price with the next gen.

Soldato
Yes it seemed a good price for Chromecast even though I don't have 4k at the moment I liked that it has an Ethernet connection. When my trusty Panasonic plasma breaks I'll be moving to 4k. Must be getting on for well over 10 years old now.

On the Stadia front it seems Destiny 2 is free to play without a subscription so will give that a try to test out the service. The subscription might come in handy if I can't get a graphics card that I want at a reasonable price with the next gen.
I'm not sure Panasonic Plasmas break :cry:

Commissario
My total Black Friday orders so far have been one of the Stadia things, and a new laser level with tripod and a stick for it* (both of which were not massively discounted compared to normal but I need, and the level with tripod was cheaper than without).

*I've got a much older one but it's range is more limited and it's got a narrower angle (it also won't lock onto a standard tripod as it's fixing screw is recessed too far).

Soldato
I'm not sure Panasonic Plasmas break :cry:

Seems that way. Just had to check on the receipt, warranty exchange from JL in Jan 2010, got £499 off due to the old Hitachi being under warranty, so the Panasonic cost me £200. Got another one downstairs in the lounge but a model from a year newer. Absolute tanks. It's the one bit of tech I actually sometimes think it's done enough now it can pop off with no hard feelings.

Caporegime

I just got a 1 gig up and down connection so will give it a go as well. If not I will just use the controller for PC gaming :p. That is if it turns up.

Soldato
My JS8000 which is only 6 years old already has terrible screen bleed and am looking for a replacement. My mum's Plasma is still rocking as well.

Is that a Samsung? I wonder what other ls experiences are. I have a f8000 for 5 years, had a power supply or main board fault within its first year otherwise fine after.

I'm sure all tvs have their quality issues. Panasonic plasmas were usually bought in smaller numbers.

Soldato
Ordered an LG OLED C1 77", probably the cheapest I've seen it for (although not looked too hard!). Delivery Tuesday. Replacing my lovely 100" UST all because the missus wants to watch soaps without the projector fan going :(

Back
Top Bottom