• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
First install telegram app on phone.

Then on your phone google search "fe partalert telegram"

It should be the first result.

It says;

" Telegram: Join Group Chat

Don't have Telegram yet? Try it now! FE PartAlert. 43 917 members. Channel that automatically publishes stock updates for NVIDIA Founders Edition cards"
Cheers

Associate
Same as me. And only got an FE due to the drop being at 8pm, they always happened during the day when I was working, which was very frustrating.

I think this helped me a lot.

I missed the previous drops (in Europe) as they were during the day and I was working.

Luckily the first UK drop I saw was in the evening so I had WiFi on my phone so I was lucky enough to get one on my first attempt.

Associate
In case anyone doesn't know: You cannot buy the FE cards from EU sites to deliver to UK, you can only use the UK retailer. It's NVIDIA rules.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I could have bought from the EU.
Just that the chances of me buying at midday was very slim as I missed the last EU drop notification due to being at work.

Associate
It's a case of installing telegram and then search for "Fe PartAlert" sub to that and wait for a ping. If you get an alert you would need to be pretty instant.

Not sure it will happen this side of Christmas, but who knows.
Shouldn't need to be instant for a 3080 Ti unless they only received a tiny amount of stock, they've been available for several hours before in previous drops. They are LHR and are already pre-scalped by Nvidia for your convenience.

Soldato
Shouldn't need to be instant for a 3080 Ti unless they only received a tiny amount of stock, they've been available for several hours before in previous drops. They are LHR and are already pre-scalped by Nvidia for your convenience.

Not on the last drop everything was gone in seconds apart from the 3090s which lasts around 4 mins.

People can double there money on eBay, so shifting even quicker if you ask me.

Caporegime

I think Xmas has driven up demand and the drops are less frequent. The 3090 would sometimes last to the next day but now is gone within a few minutes.

Soldato

3080ti's and 3090's are gone within seconds everytime in the last few drops, even these don't last long now, that was way back they use to last 30mins or most of the day sometimes, not anymore for well over 6-8 months now they fly out or stay no more than 30mins. In all recent drops they were gone in a few minutes if not seconds.

Soldato
Where are you getting 6-8 months from? IIRC I saw comments on these forums 1-2 months ago mentioning that the 3080 Ti was still in stock hours later.

They were very odd drops that lasted a good while because people were not willing to pay £1050 for a 3080ti that is LHR so miners were put off and gamers were dreaming about 3080fe's that didn't exist then or £1400 for a 3090fe that is none LHR but later people realised they were basically priced less than a 3080 AIB but they wanted a 3080 FE that never came or came and by the second the alert came up they were gone, maybe 2 drops max did that all other drops went really quick no more than 30mins at most and now they go within seconds no matter what card it is, that's the current situation for anyone wanting to get an FE.

Last edited:

str

str

Soldato
I heard the mobile alert and immediately ran upstairs to load the page on PC and it took ~30 seconds to complete the order. I refreshed the page a few times and saw the 3060 TI go out of stock after about 2 minutes then the 3080 about a minute later and the rest took a few minutes more.

Soldato
It's a complete joke. Whatever happened to having enough stock to go around? It's almost like Nvidia are drip feeding cards into the market to keep prices up

str

str

Soldato
It's a complete joke. Whatever happened to having enough stock to go around? It's almost like Nvidia are drip feeding cards into the market to keep prices up
There was a stock surplus in November 2018 after miners stopped buying cards. It resulted in Nvidia's stock price dropping more than 20% and evidently the solution since then is limited availability to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Associate
makes me angry that the non FE 3070 cards are £300 more than what the 3080 FE retail is and around double what the 3070fe is

Even some of the wealthy who have regularly upgraded their graphics cards over the years would baulk at those AIB prices. NVidia do over the AIBs by selling at high prices, the AIBs pass that on to the customer. The only way you can get a 'normal' priced card is to always be able to pick up your phone and select each photo with a boat in it. It's a bad situation.

Soldato
I absolutely faffed up my 3080TI order on 29th October. First it was blocked by VISA then it was blocked by Nationwide then I had to wait 20 minutes for their anti fraud team to call me and ensure it was me, still got one though. To say that they've gone in minutes for the last 6 months is somewhat inaccurate. It must have taken me 30 minutes from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom