Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 29th November 2021]

Don
And this is why it should be changed back. Was it worse that an onside attack be stopped incorrectly or that an offside attack is allowed to continue? I know what I think.
That's another argument but it didn't apply to that decision. The lino simply made a poor call.

They won't change the rule though but thankfully it's not going to be around for much longer anyway. A new automated offside system is being tested and should be ready for the WC in 12 months and hopefully the PL will take it on for the 23/24 season. Lino's will soon be automatically alerted if a player is in an offside position and all they have to do is flag if they're considered to be active.

Caporegime
Embarrassing really

Screenshot-20211128-191402-Chrome.jpg

southwest heritage
Screenshot-20211128-191402-Chrome.jpg

Man of Honour
Embarrassing really

Posting the same image 3 times and a random link to a credit union? Indeed!

Given we have an inexperienced caretaker manager, and the players confidence is on the floor, I don't think it's embarrassing. The Liverpool/City games were embarrassing.

Soldato
Personally I think Chelsea were lucky to get a point. Yeah they had a load of possession and shots but not many of them were particularly good chances.

Are you sure about that? I was driving so didn't watch the match and had to rely on highlights but looks like Chelsea had at least three clear cut chances? The one where AWB blocked Werner's shot, when Hudson-Odoi went for goal rather than squaring it to Werner and Rudiger's chance at the end.

Happy with a point against an in form Chelsea team, stops the rot hopefully and we can build from here. Although the highlights didn't leave much to be desired with our goal coming from a mistake.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Are you sure about that? I was driving so didn't watch the match and had to rely on highlights but looks like Chelsea had at least three clear cut chances? The one where AWB blocked Werner's shot, when Abraham went for goal rather than squaring it to Werner and Rudiger's chance at the end.

Happy with a point against an in form Chelsea team, stops the rot hopefully and we can build from here. Although the highlights didn't leave much to be desired with our goal coming from a mistake.

Yeah a couple of decent chances at most.

Caporegime
Posting the same image 3 times and a random link to a credit union? Indeed!

Given we have an inexperienced caretaker manager, and the players confidence is on the floor, I don't think it's embarrassing. The Liverpool/City games were embarrassing.

Look at the stats if Chelsea vs Leicester last week.

That finished 0-3 to Chelsea, this game could easily have been as bad if not worse. They had 24 shots to our 3.

That's humiliating. Saved by the bar, by the keeper and by some bad finishing.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If anyone wants some entertainment :p

Roy Keane talking a load of rubbish. Maybe why he made a **** manager. Klopp wouldn't take Ronaldo. I doubt Tuchel or Guardiola would have wanted him either. In any team that relies on high effort levels and the unit above the individual he simply doesn't cut it any more.

Back
Top Bottom