What TV shows are you currently watching

We have three episodes to go from season 2. Whilst we are enjoying it we do not feel the same connection as we did to the first series. Whilst politics had a role in the solving of what was a domestic murder case its premise was one we could understand and seemed to "resonate" in its intensity of what the parents were going through. Season two is very much different, for us not in a comparably good way.
This second season, thankfully not twenty episodes, is, for us both, too different from first to be of the same interest. Probably more relevant of the global political events of the time but with the first its premise seemed be just as relevant today as it was when first made in 2007.

At the point where they exhumed the soldiers body I mentioned to my wife how wrong it will probably go and I bet Sarah will lose her badge and gun again, my wife also joking that she will be thrown of the case. Well it seems they did the same, for different reasons, with this series as they did for the first.

We are enjoying it but glad it isn't as long and that the first series was as good as it turned out to be.
I agree that it definitely doesn't have the same spark or originality but like you, I still enjoyed it.

The first season was my introduction to scandi noir and ever since then, I've always sought to seek out similar things.

Soldato
With the great feedback and buzz around Chucky I watched the first episode last night and it wasn't actually that bad, it's certainly caught my interest and will be watching the rest.

Bonus points for having Dourif doing the voice again.

Soldato
Watched the Inspiration 4 docu on Netlix, was interesting, didn't realise that only one of them was a billionaire and the other three were selected or that they raised money for charity.

Soldato
Almost coming to the end of agents of shield. I'm glad in a way, the first few seasons were excellent. But I can't help but feel it's getting dragged out.

Soldato
Just finished both seasons of Manhunt, after listening to a podcast featuring DCI Colin Sutton (YouTube / Podcast) talking mostly about the case in the second season. I think I'll listen to it again now I've seen the TV show about it.

I really like how... real... the show felt. It wasn't overly dramatic. No shootouts, not really car chases, just what I imagine really goes on in an investigation. Good show. Worth a watch.

Soldato
Dopesick 8/10
Despite all the wokery, this is a really good series about the pharmaceutical industry and the pushing of a particularly addictive drug. Michael Keaton is very good and the story keeps you watching. Highly recommended.

Soldato
Just started The Devil Nextdoor on Netflix, it's about a Ukrainian immigrant to the US who is extradited in 1986 to be tried in Israel for being Ivan the Terrible a Treblinka Death Camp guard, it's quite good but also has some awful tales of the Holocaust

Soldato
Just finished 'only murders in the building' (Hulu) with Steve Martin/Selena Gomez. Basically a murder mystery with some interesting third wall stuff going on.

Decent show, easy to watch but slow to get going. Has a great production throughout (one episode is entirely non-spoken). Not quite absolute 'must watch' but could easily be next season if they get things flowing a bit better.
Solid 8.5/10

King's of Pain which is currently on Blaze.

Grown men testing their pain level tolerances with animals biting them!

And I'm thoroughly enjoying it albeit with my mouth open wide in shock, horror and awe at some!

Definitely don't want a slow loris after watching this!!

Back
Top Bottom