*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Got one of these a few weeks back now. It's rejuvenated my love for VR. Going back to wired for my index was so constricting and reduced my want to play (I had the wireless mod for my Vive).
The quest is a downgrade in spec but a massive leap forward in usability.

To be honest there's only two reasons why I use my Index over my Quest 2 for PC VR.
  1. The larger FOV
  2. The uncompressed image.

In particular I love Skyrim VR and it just looks like a smeary mess on Quest 2, even with a wired connection. :(

Soldato
I played Tea for God which, with a wireless headset, is absolutely mind blowing. Walking about my virtual space is so freeing.

With my Quest 1 just going out into the garage or even in the garden and playing some of the games was just fantastic. You look like an idiot but the extra space is so immersive.

Interesting to see this with the Quest 2.

Soldato
With my Quest 1 just going out into the garage or even in the garden and playing some of the games was just fantastic. You look like an idiot but the extra space is so immersive.

Interesting to see this with the Quest 2.
Yeah about that........ Hopefully it works for you. One of the reasons I got the Q2 was for exactly that reason. However IME the Q2 does NOT works anywhere near as well outside as the quest one did.

Soldato
Yeah about that........ Hopefully it works for you. One of the reasons I got the Q2 was for exactly that reason. However IME the Q2 does NOT works anywhere near as well outside as the quest one did.

I tried my Quest 1 outside, but I've not tried the Quest 2. Possibly it's worse due to the optimisations they did for controller tracking that resulted in a massive improvement in battery life.

Soldato
Got the Anker Charging Dock while its discounted at a certain online seller but just realised that you can't use the grip covers with it as it comes with its own charging grip covers! Anyone done any hacks or mods to enable the use of both the grip/strap and being able to charge so i don't need to remove the cover everytime i come to charge it?

Associate
What's the best replacement strap? The elite strap seems to be cheaper than usual at £40.88 currently.
recently got the kiwi designs V2 and finding it very good, big improvement on my previous Halo style strap and I would expect its probably on par with the elite strap as similar design, but just not prone to snapping

Associate
Chaps just bought a Quest 2 for my boy for Christmas, he has a decent PC (5600x 3070ti) and thinking about getting him some games in the steam sale, currently thinking
Alyx
Walking dead
walkabout golf
pistol whip

Any other "big hitters" I should be considering ? (I'm not getting him all of them just some)

Btw, do I understand correctly, if you buy from Oculus store you get the native and PC version ? does that make it better for stuff like walkabout ?

Cheers

Soldato
Just thought of something that happened last night that maybe someone here can help.

Playing medal of honour above and beyond last night and i noticed in the bigger open areas the resolution becomes very pixelated and will stay like this for a good 30 secs to a minute before it gets noticeably higher resolution. My network is stable and i have it fixed to 160mbs in the bitrate on the oculus airlink home screen. I don't know if there's any settings in Steam VR that i could change but having a quick look last night only shows settings to change the resolution per eye among other settings, but nothing else i could see that would be relevant.

I looked it up briefly and some suggestions include disabling ASW in the debug tool but have yet to try this.

Are there any other things that i could try or anything that could be causing this? Everytime it happens it makes the visuals look incredibly pixelated, almost like the bitrate has dropped and its lowering resolution to compensate?

I'm using airlink and using a mesh wifi system which so far has been really good for VR, not experience any issues except in this game and i think once or twice in Blade and Sorcery.

Associate
Chaps just bought a Quest 2 for my boy for Christmas, he has a decent PC (5600x 3070ti) and thinking about getting him some games in the steam sale, currently thinking
Alyx
Walking dead
walkabout golf
pistol whip

Any other "big hitters" I should be considering ? (I'm not getting him all of them just some)

Btw, do I understand correctly, if you buy from Oculus store you get the native and PC version ? does that make it better for stuff like walkabout ?

Cheers
All of those are great and I would definitely recommend getting Walkabout on the oculus store, it's great to be able to take that one anywhere natively on the Quest! I would definitely say get Beat Saber, it's a classic for a reason. Otherwise there are loads of great games depending on the genre and what your boy might prefer :) does he like single player story focused, fun party games or multiplayer games etc.?

Back
Top Bottom