Star wars spoilers

Permabanned
Saw 7 a few years back surprised han solo died.

Just seen 8 and Luke died lol.

Who dies in 9? The gold robot?

Is it worth watching? I liked the 90s rereleases and the first 3 new ones were ok.
These new ones are crap. Maybe I've just grown up.

Man of Honour
  • Treat the sequel trilogy (7, 8, 9) like we used to treat the prequel trilogy (pretend they didn't happen)
  • Watch The Mandalorian
  • Embrace the "veil of the force" concept/rumour
  • Wait for Kenobi and get hyped
  • ????
  • Star Wars isn't quite dead yet

Caporegime
People like to make out episodes 1-3 weren't already a big pile of ****.

Personally, they had already diminished Star Wars in my mind.

I remember having a great cinema experience watching episode 7 and Rogue Squadron though, but neither really stood up to repeat viewings.

Soldato
I haven't been able to stomach Star Wars the same way since what they did with The Last Jedi. I still can't quite believe it. Just the sheer level of arrogance and tone-deafness to not only brazenly rewrite who characters are and disregard important universe lore/rules that ties everything together, but they also **** all over their own trilogy halfway through, leaving a complete cluster **** of a mess in Episode 9. It's a level of cavalier short-termism I didn't think was possible at such a high level.

Soldato
I haven't been able to stomach Star Wars the same way since what they did with The Last Jedi. I still can't quite believe it. Just the sheer level of arrogance and tone-deafness to not only brazenly rewrite who characters are and disregard important universe lore/rules that ties everything together, but they also **** all over their own trilogy halfway through, leaving a complete cluster **** of a mess in Episode 9. It's a level of cavalier short-termism I didn't think was possible at such a high level.

Well said.

George Lucas is still alive, 77 I think.

The only decent human thing left to do, is for him to load up on guns and go find those responsible, take as many down with him as he can.

Soldato

Absolutely

Soldato
Episodes 1-3 were okay with number 3 being pretty good, brought the galaxy to life and expanded and introduced new things at least.

7-9 just rehashed everything from 4-6 and sprinkled it with woman's rights etc etc and showed us how both sides were as bad as each other....also we got rose, a character so bad she made jar jar look positively amazing!!

So if you like reheated ready meals sprinkled with woke sprinkles then 7-9 will be amazeballs

Soldato
Well said.

The only decent human thing left to do, is for him to load up on guns and go find those responsible, take as many down with him as he can.

I Agree to Disagree. Find those responsible, tie them down, tape their eyelids open & drug them to stay awake. Then force them to watch EPI heavily edited to show only the Jar Jar Binks scenes on a loop. :p

Back
Top Bottom