*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Were you a Little Bird player back in the Battlefield 3/4 days? I remember hearing about some people on my team back then when some were using gamepads and joysticks to fly the aircraft. They were wickedly deadly pilots.

However, on the receiving end, that wasn't fun. :cry:

Hahaha. No, I can’t multitask to save my life and struggle using both sticks for the choppers. I’m usually on the receiving end myself!

Associate
Hit reg aside I thoroughly enjoyed my time on this game this weekend. My biggest "issue" is committing to a particular hero/character. Started using the last dude (Medic) and find it pretty fun. Though the devs need to make it easier for downed teammates to see how close the medics are. So many times last night my wee dude would burst a gut to get to someone only for that person to take the death. Frustrating.

Caporegime
Played some games last night and we were getting absolutely rolled by some tanks. The lack of stationary weapons is a big, big miss. If you're not running M4 or C5 you're useless. At least in BF4 there were Tow and Kornet launchers at most flag points.

Associate
Another thing. The AA rocket launcher takes way too long to lock on. One game in particular last night we got raped hard by some choppers. On occasion it was taking more than 10 seconds to lock on.

Caporegime
Another thing. The AA rocket launcher takes way too long to lock on. One game in particular last night we got raped hard by some choppers. On occasion it was taking more than 10 seconds to lock on.
And the second lock on just suddenly happens, there's no duration, you're suddenly just locked on. And the range needs a wee buff, even if only against jets. The real range of the Stinger would cover the whole map, although I agree that would be rather unfair.

Soldato
Associate
Played some games last night and we were getting absolutely rolled by some tanks. The lack of stationary weapons is a big, big miss. If you're not running M4 or C5 you're useless. At least in BF4 there were Tow and Kornet launchers at most flag points.

Agreed, big one for me that. I've been giving it a fair crack over the weekend and this stood out to me too.

Also, the number of shots to kill with an assault rifle on vanilla 2042 mode is crazy, and seems way more than previous games. At least 10 bullets from normal range, which is ridiculous.

Associate
How do you know it was server side?

Reason I ask is because I've never seen any?

my own computer has been fine since launch with no performance issues

but in theory it could be net based on the jumps to the server

but they tend to be just at the start of a round then disapear only been happening for the last two days

Soldato
How do you know it was server side?

Reason I ask is because I've never seen any?
I've noticed a little bit of rubber banding as well, doesn't happen often but definitely does happen. I didn't think solo/coop vs ai would have hitbox issues and rubber banding but i was wrong! Shooting at some AI last night to try out some new attachments and there was a moment where shooting at the bot did nothing, no registration of it being hit even though it was on target! The bloody bot was only a few feet away! I had to switch weapon then switch back and it seemed to work again.

My mate quit last night too cos of the scope bug with sniper rifles. He only likes to snipe so when it kept bugging out he had had enough. Gonna wait for Decembers patch to fix it before he jumps back in again.

Soldato
Been away a few days, has the patch done anything noteable? also when did they schedule the next update for
  • AR's are defo more usable as someone mentioned
  • Some vehicles in particular the hovercraft seem abit easier to kill.
  • Tanks and APC's are still invincible unless you use C4.
  • PP got more vertical recoil
  • Glass on vehicles seem easier to punch through and occupants can be killed now. I remember a bug before where you couldn't shoot through the glass on a vehicle.
That's about all i've really noticed tbh. Dunno what else has been patched in this update.

Caporegime
I'
My mate quit last night too cos of the scope bug with sniper rifles. He only likes to snipe so when it kept bugging out he had had enough. Gonna wait for Decembers patch to fix it before he jumps back in again.

Is that where you use the scope and it doesn't like, zoom in?

Only thing I could do to resolve was change scopes and back in again. Doesn't seem to do it recently though

Soldato
Is that where you use the scope and it doesn't like, zoom in?

Only thing I could do to resolve was change scopes and back in again. Doesn't seem to do it recently though
Yeah thats the one mate! Mate basically said if you're having a 1v1 against another sniper and your scope bugs you can't do anything. It's really frustrating and i can understand why it is for him.

Caporegime
Yeah thats the one mate! Mate basically said if you're having a 1v1 against another sniper and your scope bugs you can't do anything. It's really frustrating and i can understand why it is for him.

Yeah, all you can do is un scope, remove scope put scope back on.

Thankfully only had it in one game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom