*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Associate
UAP-AC-Lite probably wont be updated to support WPA3

Add WPA3 support

WPA3 supported models (5.43+ FW):

UAP-AC-Pro, UAP-AC-Lite, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-EDU, UAP-AC-M, UAP-AC-M-Pro, UAP-AC-IW, UAP-AC-IW-Pro, UAP-AC-HD, UAP-AC-SHD, UAP-XG, UWB-XG, UAP-nanoHD, UAP-HD-IW, UAP-FlexHD, UAP-BeaconHD, U6-Lite, U6-LR

Note that there is a major issue mentioned in the release notes for this firmware: site switching, and AP group creation, is not working for non-UniFi OS installations, i.e. you will not have these features if you are running the controller software on a windows/mac/Linux machine, you must be using a cloud key gen 2 or plus/UDM or UDMP for it not to break.

Associate
My dream router had a bit of a fit during setup and asked to be factory reset, after that and a 10 minute firmware update it's been fine.

I think I'll move it to my mum's house, her wifi isn't great so this might help.

Setting up a Unifi beta device for your mum, what could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
How are people keeping an eye out for the UDR on the early access store? Just checking it now and again or using one of the notification services?

Soldato
Hardware specs are better than udm except the CPU is a proper downgrade due to chip shortage so while it can now do protect, talk and wifi 6 the throughput with threat detection etc is crippled compared to udm

Sold out by the time I found it!
I'd this a scaled down version of UDM?
Have been thinking of getting one(UDM) to retire my RPi4 which is currently running the controller software.

One for sale in MM from another member is a decent price.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
UDR back in EA store now, gogogo ;)

I'm only on a 150meg package so the slower processor is of no bother to me, even if/when we upgrade to a 500meg package I'm sure it'll still be fine.

For what it costs (£82) it's worth a try even if it is a bit of a flakey thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom