Five dead and more than 40 injured including 12 kids as driver mows down Wisconsin Christmas parade

Caporegime
Permabanned
Seems like a clear response to the Rittenhouse case, the murder was again a known criminal, with a social media history displaying support for the BLM and calling for violence and the enslaving of whites. Local footage shows he slowed and then deliberately accelerated into the crowd, this was no accident.

Yet the media are covering it up, not even surprised anymore.

Caporegime
Mass murder is not terrorism when there's no political aim.

I don't think there's much political aim to a gangbanger killing four other gangbangers, so why treat it as terrorism?

Caporegime
Who hasn't realised that? That they're choosing to spin things in a particular way was the very point being raised!

I raise the point that these organisations don't actually care about the subject matter, it's all merely a means that they can exploit to encourage engagement and make their shareholders happy. I'd also say that profit isn't really the goal there, it's about keeping the bottom of the class pyramid divided so the top of the pyramid remains undisturbed.

Everyone is guilty of engaging with this psychological warfare in some manner.

Soldato
I raise the point that these organisations don't actually care about the subject matter, it's all merely a means that they can exploit to encourage engagement and make their shareholders happy.

Yeap, IIRC facebook said they get 5 time more engagement from "negative" reactions than "positive" ones i.e. things that make you angry get more clicks.

Soldato
Seems like a clear response to the Rittenhouse case, the murder was again a known criminal, with a social media history displaying support for the BLM and calling for violence and the enslaving of whites. Local footage shows he slowed and then deliberately accelerated into the crowd, this was no accident.

Yet the media are covering it up, not even surprised anymore.

Pretty much, for the amount of people he killed and in the manner he did it, coupled with his racist views, now imagine if he was white with those views.

Yet here we are hardly a peep about it.

Just reinforcing the idea that only one colour of race is racist and evil.

Caporegime
I raise the point that these organisations don't actually care about the subject matter, it's all merely a means that they can exploit to encourage engagement and make their shareholders happy. I'd also say that profit isn't really the goal there, it's about keeping the bottom of the class pyramid divided so the top of the pyramid remains undisturbed.

Everyone is guilty of engaging with this psychological warfare in some manner.

Nah, they have their ideology/narrative/bias etc.. social media companies care a fair bit less but even then they will try to skew in favour of some viewpoints - people were forced on Twitter, for example, to delete posts stating Rittenhouse did nothing wrong etc..

But this is media organisations - there is a clear difference between how they've chosen to report on this case and how they covered another car attack carried out by an extremist, albeit a right-wing one, in the heat of the moment.

Soldato
It says "Car", not "Racist BLM supporting black driver"!!!!!!!

Or something.

Well it certainly does appear if the race angle and the murderers social media history has been downplayed. The case has pretty much disappeared from the msm.

Imagine if the dead were black and the killer was white and spewed the same racist views, do you think it would have been treated the same?

Soldato
I know this isn't about this case, but it's still relevant.

With some of the views on here, it really is like I'm watching a different movie.

Associate
If the guys been charged...he's now the defendant.
You want the charges thrown out due to press coverage predudice? We have laws coveting this in the UK for a reason. The law being above the 'yawn' politics of if you're right or left wing.
No idea if it's the same in the US.

Caporegime
If the guys been charged...he's now the defendant.
You want the charges thrown out due to press coverage predudice? We have laws coveting this in the UK for a reason. The law being above the 'yawn' politics of if you're right or left wing.
No idea if it's the same in the US.

If you think charges will be thrown out based on whether it’s reported as an “accident” or an “attack” then I think you’re being rather silly.

When it happened in Charlottesville it was a terror attack even. How US media reports things depends quite heavily on the races and ideologies of the people involved.

Back
Top Bottom