Your life coach

Soldato
I've started running because I'm male, middle class, and white, also old which sucks but not old-old like your nan, more old like when you don't understand all of the words that your daughter uses to communicate something where 'rad' would have done but no, the young ones need to make up new and confusing words in part to annoy old people but also the third law of thermodynamics, which I suppose is okay because that's how progression or entropy works and a change of state is not always a bad thing.

I have a coach. His name is Coach Bennet, first name Chris. New phone, who dis?

I am a passable but not great runner but that's not the point of this thread. When you're plodding through the distance (this is a metaphor; ask your English teacher) and you just need to keep on keeping on it can be pretty handy to have someone in your ear. To distract, to encourage, maybe to make you think. Maybe to pause, too, or maybe to speed up a bit. Or slow down. He does bad dad jokes which are the best jokes and also knows a thing or two about the thing I'm trying not to think about which itself is a pretty great trick and makes the distance something worth getting through.

Do you guys have a Huckleberry Finn?
I'm shocked you don't get all your calories lost from the amount of nonsense you write per day.

Caporegime
OP
What does that even mean? What are you saying here?
just LOL if you don't use Ben Folds' lyrics as a way of metric to inform everyone else (in this thread) [(this thread being the one you are reading)] of what you're thinking.

I'm shocked you don't get all your calories lost from the amount of nonsense you write per day.
I ran 36km last week (not fast - average of 5'45 splits) and went to the gym 3 times, now that it's open again. My nonsense doesn't have a weight limit but it should :mad:

e: angry santa emoji is best emoji :D

Soldato
I lift with someone in the top 30 powerlifting totals in the UK, and used to Box casually with an ex-Olympian. It makes the world of difference.

Soldato
just LOL if you don't use Ben Folds' lyrics as a way of metric to inform everyone else (in this thread) [(this thread being the one you are reading)] of what you're thinking.

I ran 36km last week (not fast - average of 5'45 splits) and went to the gym 3 times, now that it's open again. My nonsense doesn't have a weight limit but it should :mad:

e: angry santa emoji is best emoji :D

Congrats, you'll have all the more energy for it. More blood volume, more oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom