What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Is anyone still playing Blood Trail? Im tempted to pick this up but the gore and jumpiness is putting me off a little. Even Boneworks makes me jump sometimes lmao :cry:

Soldato
I've bought Blades and Sorcery as well as Medal of Honor (on the Oculus store). MOH looks great and is probably my second favourite "AAA Style" game outside of Half Life Alyx. The is a lot of fancy weapon reloads and the shooting is probably the best I've experienced so far in VR. And Helper Huxley stays ever cheerful even when taking shotguns to the face.

Oculus-Screenshot1637268870.jpg

B&S is a lot of fun too. It's probably my most mobile game and I find myself standing in a combat pose / boxing stance and it's the only game that I completely forget where I am standing in my office! I like that you can hold a guy in your left hand and stab them in the eye with your right hand.

Oculus-Screenshot1637271951.jpg

Soldato
Played another oldie last night - From Other Suns. A Oculus exclusive that's a cross between FTL and Borderlands. It amazes me how good this looks on Quest 2 via airlink - the cartoony graphics really look great and there's no compression artefacts.

It's a pity the game got abandoned after the first couple of patches as it really could have done with some extra content and QOL upgrades, but even so it's a really great game that shines in MP co-op.

I wish this game had a native Quest 2 port. After seeing recent games like RE4 pull off almost PC quallity visuals, I'm sure the Quest 2 could do a great port of this.

Associate
I've bought Blades and Sorcery as well as Medal of Honor (on the Oculus store). MOH looks great and is probably my second favourite "AAA Style" game outside of Half Life Alyx. The is a lot of fancy weapon reloads and the shooting is probably the best I've experienced so far in VR. And Helper Huxley stays ever cheerful even when taking shotguns to the face.

Oculus-Screenshot1637268870.jpg

B&S is a lot of fun too. It's probably my most mobile game and I find myself standing in a combat pose / boxing stance and it's the only game that I completely forget where I am standing in my office! I like that you can hold a guy in your left hand and stab them in the eye with your right hand.

Oculus-Screenshot1637271951.jpg
Keep wanting to buy Blade and Sorcery but it's literally NEVER gone on sale! At least not as far as I've seen, and I've had it at the top of my wishlist for months maybe a year! Eventually will pull the trigger though

Associate
having finished RE4 Ive been going through a backlog of stuff I missed in the past ATM, so currently playing Sairento, seems OK so far, although I expected the movement to be more fluid.

Soldato
Has anyone tried the new update on Blade & Sorcery? It's really good, it's giving some Skyrim vibes going into dungeons but i can completely stealth and take people out from behind! Nothing beats a quick head grab followed by a knife to the throat :cry:. There's been a few instances where i got overwhelmed though when you get attacked by 2-3 enemies at once.

Soldato
having finished RE4 Ive been going through a backlog of stuff I missed in the past ATM, so currently playing Sairento, seems OK so far, although I expected the movement to be more fluid.

yeah, everyone seems to hype up Sairento but I thought it was mediocre at best.

Caporegime
Peak **** your pants moment in Alyx. Took out some zombies and was faffing about reloading, spot a head crap leap right towards me and killed it mid air. This game is just so good.

Associate
Peak **** your pants moment in Alyx. Took out some zombies and was faffing about reloading, spot a head crap leap right towards me and killed it mid air. This game is just so good.
Ive been playing through Alyx again, first i played it on quest 2, now im playing it on 8kx, the atmosphere is just brilliant and its so polished as a vr experience. Hope they make a follow up game to it. I've also just picked up Into The Radius, haven't played it yet.

Soldato
Bought Defector last night, brilliant game! Was a little disappointed i can't **** my guns! Love the 007 agent style theme, makes me feel abit badass haha!

Gonna get half life Alyx tonight, it would be stupid not to get it at this price! I will conquer my fear of headcrabs!

Soldato
beat saber clone

but with Ragnarok your hitting set pieces, so in theory should be a lot easier

Hardly, it's nails and it knackers you out in no time. Beat Saber is simple rhythmic flow which comes easy once you get it. While there's a pattern in RR, it's no clone and requires some real speedy tub thumbing arm work which you tend to over exuberate upon.

Back
Top Bottom