• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Hi All -
Sorry to ask as this may have been asked hundreds of times,

How are some of your bagging FE cards? I've scrolled back a few posts and seen some customers get theirs.

Are you just checking Nvidia official UK store? (everytime I check it's just out of stock) Is there a particular time when they update the site for stock?

I'm quite desperate for a card now as my aging 980 is starting to pack up and struggle with the latest games and I would really love to get myself a 3080 FE at retail price.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
Hi All -

How are some of your bagging FE cards? I've scrolled back a few posts and seen some customers get theirs.

Are you just checking Nvidia official UK store? (everytime I check it's just out of stock) Is there a particular time when they update the site for stock?

I'm quite desperate for a card now as my aging 980 is starting to pack up and struggle with the latest games and I would really love to get myself a 3080 FE at retail price.

Install Telegram on your phone and sign up to part alert (google 'fe partalert telegram'). You can use an app like Alertify to notify you of keywords such as 'Nvidia UK' or '£', and set it as an alarm to override DND/Silent mode.

Associate
Install Telegram on your phone and sign up to part alert (google 'fe partalert telegram'). You can use an app like Alertify to notify you of keywords such as 'Nvidia UK' or '£', and set it as an alarm to override DND/Silent mode.

Thank you DeliciousStorage - this was helpful - I really appreciate this.

I think the app Alertify isn't on Apple Store (maybe I'll search for an alternative)

Permabanned
Is anyone still waiting on their 3080 FE order being fulfilled? I've been in touch and they've told me that I'll receive it within 14 days, so that's by the 10th December.

Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi All -

Telegram alerts on desktop. No risk of phone needing to wake up. Make sure already got account at the authorised retailer and a payment card setup. I did my order with amazon pay which gets rid of risk of blocked payment (banks never seem to block amazon as they massive) and also no need to enter anything other than amazon password. However I believe this payment method is no longer available so buy something cheap ahead of time to get a card registered. I believe they do reserve if you manage to get in basket, hopefully thats not changed, on other retailers if I had it in basket it would go poof, but my FE stayed in the basket.

Associate
Telegram alerts on desktop. No risk of phone needing to wake up. Make sure already got account at the authorised retailer and a payment card setup. I did my order with amazon pay which gets rid of risk of blocked payment (banks never seem to block amazon as they massive) and also no need to enter anything other than amazon password. However I believe this payment method is no longer available so buy something cheap ahead of time to get a card registered. I believe they do reserve if you manage to get in basket, hopefully thats not changed, on other retailers if I had it in basket it would go poof, but my FE stayed in the basket.

Thank you chrcoluk, the advice is very much appreciated.

Associate
There was a stock surplus in November 2018 after miners stopped buying cards. It resulted in Nvidia's stock price dropping more than 20% and evidently the solution since then is limited availability to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Nothing to do with the global silicone shortage then? Is mining the reason car dealers are quoting 12 month + for a new car due to chip shortages, is that also mining?

Associate
They no longer accept amazon pay. Apparently they do not get the card holders address so someone could use amazon pay and order a few and collect.

Soldato
Nothing to do with the global silicone shortage then? Is mining the reason car dealers are quoting 12 month + for a new car due to chip shortages, is that also mining?
Nvidia have made more ampere cards than they did Turing over the same in the first year also Gpus are on cutting edge nodes which means less customers and would have pre booked there supply in advance, the reason that the car manufacturers are struggling is because they anticipated lower sales due to the pandemic and didn't book enough supply so when things rebounded they were caught short.

Now imagine if you could buy a new car and leave the engine running for a year and within that time it would make you enough money to pay for itself.. How much do you think new cars would be going for if you could even find one to buy.

Last edited:
Associate
Nvidia have made more ampere cards than they did Turing over the same in the first year also Gpus are on cutting edge nodes which means less customers and would have pre booked there supply in advance, the reason that the car manufacturers are struggling is because they anticipated lower sales due to the pandemic and didn't book enough supply so when things rebounded they were caught short.

Now imagine if you could buy a new car and leave the engine running for a year and within that time it would make you enough money to pay for itself.. How much do you think new cars would be going for if you could even find one to buy.
So what your are saying is that is unprecedented demand that is causing shortages, not miners. Thanks for clarifying.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'm not a miner but even I know that mining is only part of the reason, and probably not the largest part by any stretch.

Correct. Let's not forget they made a whole series twist of 'LHR' versions to stop the miners, and in all this period the prices of cards hardly dropped at all, miners were not buying them cards initially as they were a) gimped and b) still over priced.

People have also been walking into their local pawn shop type place and selling on their gamer really needs card, which shows that a chunk of people didn't really need them in the first place. These people were not miners but supposedly 'gamers' so you cannot pin everything negative regarding GPU's on miners.

Back
Top Bottom