Workplace toilets and the law

Soldato
Today the mens’ loos at work are out of order. So have to use the ladies’. Normally the customer toilet but that’s broken too.

Some females are naturally not happy with their male colleagues using the ladies’.

I have been in them without issue as shouted “hello, anyone there?” No response- ok. Then I heard the outer door open, I said I was in there. Just in case it’s a female and not comfortable with me being there.

Soldato
Today the mens’ loos at work are out of order. So have to use the ladies’. Normally the customer toilet but that’s broken too.

Some females are naturally not happy with their male colleagues using the ladies’.

I have been in them without issue as shouted “hello, anyone there?” No response- ok. Then I heard the outer door open, I said I was in there. Just in case it’s a female and not comfortable with me being there.

I've worked in an office where the facilities were unisex so I would assume there are no laws that state that you need to have them separated by gender.

It was awkward at first, especially when giving birth to King Kong's finger one afternoon but within a week or two it just became normal.

Man of Honour
Another day, another cheesemoan :)

If the women are unhappy about the men also using the only working toilet then ask your management to make it a men-only toilet temporarily. I'm sure the women will want to share it again.

Back
Top Bottom