Mackie CR5-X or Pioneer DM-40

Soldato
Hey guys,

I’m upgrading my DJ monitor speakers and narrowed it down to these active speakers..

Mackie CR5-X or Pioneer DM-40

what would you choose between them? The pioneer are a third cheaper and seem good for monitors but I dunno what to choose?

Cheers.

Soldato
I would have chosen studio monitors with a separate amplifier for each driver. The issue with both those speakers is only one side is active.

Soldato
OP
I agree. I have a passive setup with dedicated amp for my TV, and the Mackie speakers were good for active ones, so thats why I took a punt at the CR5 ones..and I setup them about 30 minutes ago, and WOW, I mean WOW!

Soldato
OP
How would you rate them for general music listening?

OK, so..I was using the CR3 for my DJ setup, and they were good, but lacked that little bit of bass, so I decided to get the CR5 for my DJ setup and move the the CR3 to the PC, for general Spotify / Youtube etc..

And the CR5 are awesome, I mean they aint "bedded in" yet but the bass is defiantly there! And I am happy with the CR3 for my music, but like I said a touch more bass in the CR3 would have made them a real winner!

I just love how good they are for the money, and not having to faff about with amps etc! but thats my opinion, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom