Multiple BSODs with different causes

Man of Honour
So in theory running at lower speed and lower voltage should be fine, but maybe there are some chips that really need the extra voltage to be stable even at those.
You will want to be running DOCP speeds (or higher) for performance reasons anyway, although given your issues I would verify it is stable before tweaking anything.

Associate
OP
Pah, BSOD again. I have a PSU coming in a couple of days so I'll try that. The comments aren't giving me hope though, also I can't keep throwing money at it. New RAM seems like a good idea, though I might rob some from my daughter's pc and try it since she's away atm, hadn't thought of that.

I also haven't tried to contact OC directly. The webnote thing seems the way to go but it only gives me the option to build an RMA; should I call them instead? I don't really want to if there's a web-method.

All your continuing help and advice is much appreciated!

Associate
wouldnt you just use the warranty

know on my last system it had an excellent warranty or has he voided it

Associate
OP
So we did contact Overclockers and linked to this forum post. They RMA'd the machine, despite it being >1yr old, and replaced the CPU. Machine has now been working fine for several weeks. My brother is happy and I think we got great service from OC and support from you lot :) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom