Streaming device for Disney+ 4K

Soldato
Hi,
I currently have a bog standard Chromecast which will only do 1080p and the TV is 4k so thought I would upgrade.

I was eyeing up the Chromecast with Google TV but keep reading about people having issues with it and Disney+ reverting back to 1080p

Problem is we need a device we can cast to because the wife has a seperate Amazon account with films that's she's bought linked to her Prime Video that she can cast direct from her phone and I think Chromecast is the only device you can cast to?

That's why I was mainly looking at the most recent Chromecast as a replacement for the current one, any thoughts please?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty sure most android TV devices work for casting. I have an nVidia Shield and can cast to it - but it also does a brilliant job of streaming just about anything. (atmos, 4k, dolby vision, the lot)

Soldato
I'm 100% an Android guy. Every phone in the house is Android, our main TV runs Android. Our tablets are all Android......
I still rate the Apple TV box as the best streamer. I went through so many - which lagged, which were slow, which had lip-sync issued. Only the Apple TV box didn't have any one of those problems.
However.....far more expensive than the other suggestions.

Soldato
OP
Sorry I've been up and out this morning (benefit of young kids!) And bought the Chromecast with Google TV

About to install it and see if Disney Plus works in 4k, going straight back if it doesn't

Soldato
OP
It should with no effort at all.

Works a treat 4K and HDR, just that I read a lot of complaints that it didn't work for some people with Disney Plus but those must have issues that have been ironed out

I have noticed a strange flicker with Prime Video though which is annoying but I can just use the app built into the TV for that I only really needed a streaming device for Disney Plus and if the Mrs wants to cast her Prime Video account to it it'll be 1080P non HDR anyway so I assume it won't flicker

Back
Top Bottom