Can i return a coffee machine to argos if i have used it?

Soldato
Box it up, take it back into the store and tell 'em it's faulty. They'll take it back no questions asked, although they'll probably give you an Argos giftcard to the value of the item rather than cash or a refund to your card.

Soldato
unless the advert was misleading - ie the size of the drinks, then no you can't just decide you don't like it and return it with a clear conscience :p, I've seen lots of things advertised with a 'no quibble returns' guarantee but don't think a coffee machine from Argos is one of them!
again, unless there was some guarantee relating to to it, the 'taste' thing is a complete no go in terms of returning a used item

could maybe legit get your money back on the pods or whatever it uses under some satisfaction guarantee...

Soldato
Gotta love the hypocrisy in this thread.

I bet the people who are suggesting to just hand it back used and lie about it are the same people that would come on here raging if it was their own business that got a product return like that (and by that I mean you own the business)

Consumer rights/returns policies are there to protect the consumer against bad business practices and faulty goods, not buyer's remorse.. Good to see the consumer using them appropriately and not abusing them :rolleyes:

Soldato
Gotta love the hypocrisy in this thread.

I bet the people who are suggesting to just hand it back used and lie about it are the same people that would come on here raging if it was their own business that got a product return like that (and by that I mean you own the business)

Consumer rights/returns policies are there to protect the consumer against bad business practices and faulty goods, not buyer's remorse.. Good to see the consumer using them appropriately and not abusing them :rolleyes:

+1.

Soldato
Just say it is faulty and take it to a store to return. Say the drinks dont taste great/or a bit odd like you have said.

The staff there aren't going to take it out and brew a coffee at the checkout to test it.

If it's faulty it'll go back to the manufacturer who will test it and confirm not faulty and charge the retailer.

I would expect the retailer would have a T&C to say that they get to charge the customer if product is returned and found not faulty.

Soldato
If you take it back because there is something wrong with it, it makes bad coffee in tiny portions. You're not telling a lie.

Wrong to your tastes is not the same thing as being faulty or mis sold.

If I go buy a bicycle, ride it about and decide it's too heavy I cannot say the manufacturer is at fault, what have they done wrong. The retailer sold the product, how are they to blame.

Deciding a coffee machine makes drinks which are too small is subjective and something you could have checked beforehand. Also the taste of the coffee.

Soldato
If you take it back because there is something wrong with it, it makes bad coffee in tiny portions. You're not telling a lie.
I like this very much, brings to mind the loopholes exploited by tax avoiding big businesses.

As for the indignant responses to the OP, lol.

Soldato
I like this very much, brings to mind the loopholes exploited by tax avoiding big businesses.

As for the indignant responses to the OP, lol.

I mean, by saying the above if they decide to take it back then its up to them. I'm not talking about going full Karen on them, just saying exactly what I put and asking to return it (boxed and clean) and seeing what happens. In my experience this kind of approach works most of the time.

Caporegime
Just return it if you're not happy, the item will go back to the manufacturer and be resold as a refurb etc. I suspect they will just accept the return if you're honest.

Ignore the moral lecturing from others about 'defrauding' a company with billions of pounds in turnover.

Last edited:
Soldato
buy a brand new one from amazon, box up argos one in amazon box and initiate return, take unsoiled one back to argos for full refund. Amazon never check any of their returns with any real scrutiny and it will just end up in the amazon warehouse bargain basement section, then someone will buy it and then complain it is soiled and get a refund.

This is of course fraud and karma will ensure that something bad happens to you in order for equilibrium to be restored...................................

Caporegime
Just return it if you're not happy, the item will go back to the manufacturer and be resold as a refurb etc. I suspect they will just accept the return if you're honest.

Ignore the moral lecturing from others about 'defrauding' a company with billions of pounds in turnover.

This. He said the coffee wasn't very nice, so i would just go with that. Then its not lying or fraud, and odds are they will just accept the return. i doubt the Argos cashier is going to give a ****.

Man of Honour

You can use whatever mental acrobatics you like but it's the same as going and nicking a really expensive car from a big fancy house because "they've got a few bob what difference will it make to them and it's insured so really I'm only stealing from a company with loadsamoney!!!".

Caporegime
You can use whatever mental acrobatics you like but it's the same as going and nicking a really expensive car from a big fancy house because "they've got a few bob what difference will it make to them and it's insured so really I'm only stealing from a company with loadsamoney!!!".

Sure mate.

Going to a store and asking if they can accept a return for something you don't like but used is the same as nicking a car, got it.

Man of Honour
Sure mate.

Going to a store and asking if they can accept a return for something you don't like but used is the same as nicking a car, got it.
At it's very basics yes, someone/some company somewhere along the line is losing money because of the action through no fault of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom