• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

meanwhile in China...

Associate
https://videocardz.com/newz/innosil...tasy-one-gpu-feature-up-to-32gb-gddr6x-memory

Probably not good for gaming (but right now even affordable Pascal/Polaris performance would be a boon for most gamers) but along with Zhaoxin it's showing a slow but steady rise of Chinese computing hardware.

And it looks like another company just popped up:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/c...s-announces-full-gpu-development-capabilities

2021 and 2022 might suck for GPUs but 2023 could be a very exciting year!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
lol they cant release it outside of china, its probably copied intel, nvidia, amd ip.

In the current climate I would rather have more suppliers than be picky... Give me RX580 capabilities for $200 and I will buy it from anyone. It's not like we don't have our homes filled with chinese goods already.

Soldato
In the current climate I would rather have more suppliers than be picky... Give me RX580 capabilities for $200 and I will buy it from anyone. It's not like we don't have our homes filled with chinese goods already.

dont think you understand, they wont be able to sell these in retail stores if they have ip infringement. they could sell on auction site etc but due to legal reasons id be shocked if they ended up being stocked by ocuk etc. warranty will probably be non existent and driver support???

Associate
OP
dont think you understand, they wont be able to sell these in retail stores if they have ip infringement. they could sell on auction site etc but due to legal reasons id be shocked if they ended up being stocked by ocuk etc. warranty will probably be non existent and driver support???

Even if it was like you said, you're taking away demand from a billion+ population, which means more GPUs available overall anyway.

Soldato
Drivers man, i’m not sure i would trust Chinese software on my computer. Work uses a few for translation/typing and it hammers the processing power constantly even though its only a translator… god knows what elses it doing.

Associate
Even if it was like you said, you're taking away demand from a billion+ population, which means more GPUs available overall anyway.

That gpu is aim for servers market and they granted IP licenses from others to make the card so not really sure on retail market, also so far very little performance details but like other mentioned around 580 level.

Don't get too excited with those so call tech news coming from that part of the world, companies over there always talk big to draw attention and investors but don't have long term plans.

Caporegime
China is trying to become self sufficient with semi conductor technology, it doesn't want to use chips from US companies, they have said this themselves.

These will be badly designed poorly performing GPU's made from stolen IP, they will never be sold in western countries, they wouldn't be able to but that's not the point of them.

Associate
China is trying to become self sufficient with semi conductor technology, it doesn't want to use chips from US companies, they have said this themselves.

These will be badly designed poorly performing GPU's made from stolen IP, they will never be sold in western countries, they wouldn't be able to but that's not the point of them.

It is not the first time they want to catch up with the west, over 10 years ago they invested 16billion usd semiconductor sector. However, no one talk about it now because those companies and researchers took the funding but got nothing in return, they just created a project, applied for funding, wrote a report but no real product then just enjoy the the $.

Caporegime
It is not the first time they want to catch up with the west, over 10 years ago they invested 16billion usd semiconductor sector. However, no one talk about it now because those companies and researchers took the funding but got nothing in return, they just created a project, applied for funding, wrote a report but no real product then just enjoy the the $.

Yeah, its what they do.

China is the worlds capital for fake western goods, from Ray-bans to Armani watches to iPhones to BMW's and Audies, they have never heard the term Intellectual Property Rights, all they do is copy and paste western goods, badly, and sell internally, they build their own internal economy from black market goods.

Last edited:
Soldato

Probs why they want Taiwan so badly, getting their hands on TSMC would be a major benefit for China.

Soldato
Yeah, its what they do.

China is the worlds capital for fake western goods, from Ray-bans to Armani watches to iPhones to BMW's and Audies, they have never heard the term Intellectual Property Rights, all they do is copy and paste western goods, badly, and sell internally, they build their own internal economy from black market goods.
Except for Tesla's apparently lol, the China made Tesla's are better than the US counterparts according to the people who recently bought one. They said the panel gaps etc are much better and they tend to be more reliable. Dad's been following it quite adamantly since he's placed a deposit for a Model 3, due in February.

Soldato
Associate
OP
2010 wants its crappy chinese electronics memes back.
Keep that attitude while Xiaomi eats Apple and Samsung's pie, I'm sure there are quite a few people here old enough when the same song was played against Japan...

Back
Top Bottom