Samsung QE65QN90A or LG OLED65C14LB

Associate
Hi,

Looking at getting a 65" TV in the Black Friday deals. These seem to be quite popular and well-reviewed. The Samsung is 1599 and the LG is 1699 but that's not much of a factor. More keen to get the better one.

It'll be the main TV in the living room and I like watching football, movies and having the occasional game of Playstation on it, but the gaming use won't be enormous.

Which would you advise? Or is there anything I've missed at a similar size/price range? Nothing over 1700.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi,

Looking at getting a 65" TV in the Black Friday deals. These seem to be quite popular and well-reviewed. The Samsung is 1599 and the LG is 1699 but that's not much of a factor. More keen to get the better one.

It'll be the main TV in the living room and I like watching football, movies and having the occasional game of Playstation on it, but the gaming use won't be enormous.

Which would you advise? Or is there anything I've missed at a similar size/price range? Nothing over 1700.

Thanks

Read through this: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/lg-c1-the-best-55-for-1300.18938677/

Associate
I literally had this debate last week, very had an offer on kf 20% back on BNPL so the samsung was 1280 vs the lg c1 at 1340. (Both 65") in the end I went for the Samsung simply because of the lack of an extended warranty and risk of future burn in (maybe not present on the c1 but definite reports on the cx)

The c1 won't get as bright but will have much better blacks. The c1 would be an amazing home theatre set and probably slightly better in some games, but honestly either will be amazing. I factored in c1 with extended warranty meant value for money wasn't there for me personally. But you'd be happy with either IMO.

Soldato
Oled is plenty bright enough. On my lg oled I reduce OLED light and contrast down, as on 100/100 (apparently that's the "correct" setting for HDR) It's insanely bright and hurts my eyes, no way would I watch a movie like that.

Caporegime
Oled is plenty bright enough. On my lg oled I reduce OLED light and contrast down, as on 100/100 (apparently that's the "correct" setting for HDR) It's insanely bright and hurts my eyes, no way would I watch a movie like that.

This. Just bought a CX and with the OLED light higher than ~80, it is incredibly bright. Lights up the entire room like a floodlight, especially if the content has any lights shown.

Can't imagine ever needing anything that goes brighter than that. i'd rather take proper black instead of anything brighter.

I mean, i guess if you have a massive space/living room something brighter might help, but in my fairly modest living room, anything brighter would burn my retinas off.

Last edited:
Soldato
This. Just bought a CX and with the OLED light higher than ~80, it is incredibly bright. Lights up the entire room like a floodlight, especially if the content has any lights shown.

Can't imagine ever needing anything that goes brighter than that. i'd rather take proper black instead of anything brighter.

I mean, i guess if you have a massive space/living room something brighter might help, but in my fairly modest living room, anything brighter would burn my retinas off.

Have you tried HDR?

Back
Top Bottom