*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime

Wonder how long this will go on for before ea just pull the plug on it. You can only fix so much with patches and making new maps takes time, and while they may be working on stuff the player count is going down. If things don't pick up I really can see this series getting shelved like they with with medal of honour for several years.

Soldato
EA have brought this on themselves. It's all greed. I shelled out for the premium pass for both bf3, BF4 (even though that did have loot boxes), and was fine with that, but for SWBF 1 and BF 1, the greed really went into 5th gear - premium pass and boins/coins!!! The coins/boins/operators/super expensive skins have ruined it. So much effort has gone into these instead of the base game/maps, Stupid levelution instead of balance - guns and player, anticheat, custom servers...

Soldato
Yeah - even on PC it feels like people are just walking away from it, I also just looked at portal and there are literally no games in the server browser, there are a couple with a high ping but nothing anywhere near me.

c0peYuy.jpg

Last night, it took me about 4-5 attempts to get into a game, where I'm sat waiting for players to join - this is at 9pm on a weekday (absolute peak time for gamers)

I think one big problem with all-out warfare, is with the matchmaking, because they want to put 128 players on a server - the game doesn't start until a certain number of people connect. The problem is - some of the maps (like Kalidoscope) ******* SUCK so as soon as you see what map you're playing appear at the bottom, people just click cancel and restart the process to connect to a map they like.

Lets be honest, that is because of the poorly implemented fashion of portal. If community clans / guilds could own a custom server and use portal to customise the settings and keep the server open 24/7. This would help a huge amount.

Caporegime
Lets be honest, that is because of the poorly implemented fashion of portal. If community clans / guilds could own a custom server and use portal to customise the settings and keep the server open 24/7. This would help a huge amount.

Ironically portal is probably implemented better than the base game given it has a server browser. :p

Soldato
For me the whole game has this weird identity crisis, it's like it doesn't know what it is, like it's trying to be too many things at once but it's crap at all of them.

Bugs/tweaks/performance aside, it just feels like the people making the game know nothing about player experience, playing 2042 is like eating food from a chef that has never sat down in his own restaurant and tasted his own food, yet he's charging three star michelin prices for it.

Associate
For me the whole game has this weird identity crisis, it's like it doesn't know what it is, like it's trying to be too many things at once but it's crap at all of them.

Bugs/tweaks/performance aside, it just feels like the people making the game know nothing about player experience, playing 2042 is like eating food from a chef that has never sat down in his own restaurant and tasted his own food, yet he's charging three star michelin prices for it.

Indeed, it's like no one at Dice/EA had ever played a BF game before.

Caporegime
Farming sim has more active players apparently.
On Steam. Given the game is cross play enabled and is an EA game and any keys bought from key sites will also be Origin keys this stat, while slightly concerning, isn’t the full picture and shouldn’t be given too much credence.

Caporegime
I honestly have no idea what they were thinking. There are so many user friendly issues with this game it makes them look like they're doing this on purpose.

The UI and some of the on\off options are just baffling, when a simple options menu has an interface where you can't tell if something is turned on or off then you have to wonder what is going on at the company and how this (and many other things) got overlooked.

Caporegime
I honestly have no idea what they were thinking. There are so many user friendly issues with this game it makes them look like they're doing this on purpose.
Some talk on Reddit and Twitter that only around 30% of the staff at DICE remain from previous Battlefield titles and up to 40% of staff who worked on it or are working on it were hired during development.

Soldato
Some talk on Reddit and Twitter that only around 30% of the staff at DICE remain from previous Battlefield titles and up to 40% of staff who worked on it or are working on it were hired during development.

I'd love it if they were to make a new all out war game maybe 101 years on from this mess

Soldato
The UI and some of the on\off options are just baffling, when a simple options menu has an interface where you can't tell if something is turned on or off then you have to wonder what is going on at the company and how this (and many other things) got overlooked.

My biggest issues are with the weapon UI for customisation, it's just shocking then there's the lobby interface where you can't see who is in your squad before queueing...I mean, basic game design 101 surely?! Every other game has it, even the previous games. You'd think they'd try and improve on and not just make it nasty to use.

Blimey, that comes as no surprise though.

Caporegime
What is there to play other than COD and this though? I have always had an FPS to play for the past 15 odd years. I am like a lost dog at the moment. Maybe I will end up going full cycle and back to counter strike. LOL

The actual gun play seems to be okay but the maps are just far too big and walking for 5 minutes to be blown up by a tank/helicopter/or some other insanely retarded reason just gets boring fast. That will not be fixed unless they make new maps.

Honestly though I am hoping than this game will be a turning point for the future and will be a lesson learnt by the industry.

Soldato
We will keep seeing this happening more often and it'll go full cycle in the end but we have a couple more years yet.
It started with Cyberpunk last year properly. Games being released buggy or not finished isn't anything new but review bombing has only just come about since the release of Cyberpunk or 2020, which got slated by every-one. This will happen a few more times with AAA titles until publishers are forced to make the release wait until it's actually finished as they'll take to much of a financial hit - people won't buy until the games have been out for a year and patched and this isn't good news for them (Cyberpunk reviews picking up now). Unfortunately we'll loose a lot of titles and Dev's in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom