Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th Nov - 2nd Dec 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Rangnick won't be in charge for the Arsenal game. Hopefully he will be for Palace on Sunday.

Quite possibly the worst time to get a manager in with the schedule coming up. If only there had just been an international break, oh wait...

Now it's official, I suspect he might have some more input anyway.

Permabanned
I'll be amazed if Gerrard decides to start Bailey tomorrow. His performance on Saturday was shocking. I know it's going to take him some time to mature into the league, let alone the squad but man has he been frustrating to watch and he costs us too many chances. He consistently beats players but never looks up to make clear and obvious passes, just stares aimlessly at his feet whilst players scream at him for the ball.

Don
Who knows what sort of team Klopp's going to pick tomorrow. He loves a mad Derby selection and I heard on a podcast yesterday that he has rested Salah in this particular round of matches in each of the last 4 seasons.

Soldato
Rangnick won't be in charge for the Arsenal game. Hopefully he will be for Palace on Sunday.

Quite possibly the worst time to get a manager in with the schedule coming up. If only there had just been an international break, oh wait...

Now it's official, I suspect he might have some more input anyway.
Im sure united will turn up and spank us as per usual

Soldato
Sadly, I fancy Utd to nick this one. Arteta sis getting good results lately, but we’re flat track bullying a bit. Anyone half decent still seem to get the better of us.
Other than Burnley we've lost to Chelsea, City and Liverpool. Pretty much what you'd expect, those 3 are way ahead of everyone else. I think we've got every chance of a result on Thursday.

Associate
Leeds have got to get results in the next two games as the rest of December is very hard. 18 points at half way through the season is doable for staying up.

Edit: reading that back makes me sound very doom and gloom. We have had lots of injuries this season and just haven't been able to get going. I think if we can keep the core players fit and performing we will be fine.

Permabanned
Can someone explain to me why that wasn't a yellow? The Chiellini foul on Saka in the Euro finals was so much more cynical and deliberate and that was just a yellow. Is it just proximity to the box?

Don
Can someone explain to me why that wasn't a yellow? The Chiellini foul on Saka in the Euro finals was so much more cynical and deliberate and that was just a yellow. Is it just proximity to the box?
The only decision the ref has to make is whether the foul has denied a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity. It doesn't matter how cynical the foul is (unless it's in the box), just whether the attacker would have had a clear chance to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom