*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

V F

V F

Soldato
The UI and some of the on\off options are just baffling, when a simple options menu has an interface where you can't tell if something is turned on or off then you have to wonder what is going on at the company and how this (and many other things) got overlooked.

I honestly have no idea what they were thinking. There are so many user friendly issues with this game it makes them look like they're doing this on purpose.

Well they approved it did they not for release so how didn't they know?

What is there to play other than COD and this though? I have always had an FPS to play for the past 15 odd years. I am like a lost dog at the moment. Maybe I will end up going full cycle and back to counter strike. LOL

The actual gun play seems to be okay but the maps are just far too big and walking for 5 minutes to be blown up by a tank/helicopter/or some other insanely retarded reason just gets boring fast. That will not be fixed unless they make new maps.

Honestly though I am hoping than this game will be a turning point for the future and will be a lesson learnt by the industry.

This is one of the main reasons I've been going back to single player stuff. It's all junk and Battle Royale junk. AAA shooters have sadly become greedy second class junk. I wish there was a great AAA shooter game but sadly COD is not one that I'd call that.

We will keep seeing this happening more often and it'll go full cycle in the end but we have a couple more years yet.
It started with Cyberpunk last year properly. Games being released buggy or not finished isn't anything new but review bombing has only just come about since the release of Cyberpunk or 2020, which got slated by every-one. This will happen a few more times with AAA titles until publishers are forced to make the release wait until it's actually finished as they'll take to much of a financial hit - people won't buy until the games have been out for a year and patched and this isn't good news for them (Cyberpunk reviews picking up now). Unfortunately we'll loose a lot of titles and Dev's in the meantime.

Sadly all they care about is quantity over quality. Keep rehashing a game out yearly hoping the marketing can hype it up. Or the "influencers" getting in on it. :cry:

Caporegime
What is there to play other than COD and this though? I have always had an FPS to play for the past 15 odd years. I am like a lost dog at the moment. Maybe I will end up going full cycle and back to counter strike. LOL

The actual gun play seems to be okay but the maps are just far too big and walking for 5 minutes to be blown up by a tank/helicopter/or some other insanely retarded reason just gets boring fast. That will not be fixed unless they make new maps.

Honestly though I am hoping than this game will be a turning point for the future and will be a lesson learnt by the industry.
Tried Apex Legends?

Associate

Hell let loose and insurgency sandstorm are AMAZING fps games, insurgency sandstorm is still my fave fps on pc

Soldato
Infantry's only purpose in this game is to be farmed by vehicles. It's a painful and miserable experience.

Agreed. I've accepted it for what it is and will continue to play when I can be bothered. I was super hyped when my bro mentioned it and saw my aussie mate streaming it. 40 hours in and you've summed up my thoughts in a single sentance. What does help is C4/5, I've had more luck with that than using the M5.

Caporegime
Agreed. I've accepted it for what it is and will continue to play when I can be bothered. I was super hyped when my bro mentioned it and saw my aussie mate streaming it. 40 hours in and you've summed up my thoughts in a single sentance. What does help is C4/5, I've had more luck with that than using the M5.

I like Sundance's grenades (2nd ones), I've got a few tanks and helis with those

Soldato
The UI and some of the on\off options are just baffling, when a simple options menu has an interface where you can't tell if something is turned on or off then you have to wonder what is going on at the company and how this (and many other things) got overlooked.
I've enabled the menu speech as I couldn't remember which was which lol.

Caporegime
I imagine a Sundance nurf will be coming soon. Like half the players on the server are that character. Spamming retarded floating grenades and wing suit is just too much.

Don't know why, only thing that I could get on board with happening is you need to be falling for X amount of time for the suit to work, and you only get a handful of grenades (so they don't recharge)

Caporegime
Not to be a **** but you could in BF4 and that's what made it so great. Cat and mouse (with a RPG).

Yeah you could easily take out a tank in 5 as the right class. C4, Tank grenade, RPG in that order. Plus obviously the tanks themselves were a lot slower. The combat doesn't bother me it is getting gibbed from the other side of the map or getting gibbed after spawning. The maps are far too big and open to transverse on foot but there isn't enough vehicles to go around. Needs more transportation like jeeps and quads really.

Caporegime
Yeah you could easily take out a tank in 5 as the right class. C4, Tank grenade, RPG in that order. Plus obviously the tanks themselves were a lot slower. The combat doesn't bother me it is getting gibbed from the other side of the map or getting gibbed after spawning. The maps are far too big and open to transverse on foot but there isn't enough vehicles to go around. Needs more transportation like jeeps and quads really.

More standard cars scattered about (that can be use, apart from the odd electric car and tuk tuk) would be good

Back
Top Bottom