• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
go lok at the prices and supply of gfx cards and answer your own question

And how will "loking" at the prices and supply of gfx cards give me instant expertise in cryptocurrency, the law relating to cryptocurrency in 2 countries I've never been to and the impact of said law on those prices and supply?

Associate
And how will "loking" at the prices and supply of gfx cards give me instant expertise in cryptocurrency, the law relating to cryptocurrency in 2 countries I've never been to and the impact of said law on those prices and supply?
do you see cards in stock at anywhere near msrp? there is your answer *******

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Can you point to me where, for example, Asus have ever stated a MSRP?

Top of the review page;
https://bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/graphics/asus-geforce-gtx-980-ti-strix-review/1/

US price (as reviewed): MSRP $670 (ex Tax)

Bottom of first page;
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-gtx-1080-strix/

ASUS has positioned their GTX 1080 STRIX OC at $679, which is slightly cheaper than NVIDIA's Founders Edition

Direct from Asus site;
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...nd-rtx-2080-graphics-cards-from-rog-and-asus/

The ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 OC Edition is priced at $869.99 USD and $1,149 CAD, while the ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2080 OC Edition rings in at $839.99 USD and $1,099 CAD. Both are factory overclocked, as is the Dual GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition at $1,239.99 USD and $1,649 CAD. The Turbo GeForce RTX 2080 Ti runs at stock speeds for $1,209.99 USD and $1,599 CAD.

Associate
I recently had to RMA my 3080 eagle to gigabyte. Can't really fault the UK team. They received my card on the 26th Nov and have returned by the 1st Dec.

I had several crashes and once or twice had some artefecting. I had a notification from DPD saying my deliver was due on the 1st. I asked gigabyte what was wrong. They said that they have sent me a new card.
No idea if they even tested it, they just said in the email it was replaced for new.

Associate

ljt

ljt

Soldato
So nothing for the 3 series cards.
Also, no actual MSRP, just what they were sold for st the time of the review. Got ya

I spent 5 minutes looking. I wasn't going to waste any more of my time finding something I already knew. I don't call the last link from Asus direct "not a msrp" if they say a price then that's their msrp as far as I'm concerned.

And if you read my previous message I said it was funny how this release they decided not to release a price, yet they have in every other previous generations.

I really don't understand why people keep making excuses and trying to make it seem like this is something completely normal, it simply isn't. Do some people feel the need to defend faceless corporations that strongly? It really is quite shocking

Associate
I spent 5 minutes looking. I wasn't going to waste any more of my time finding something I already knew. I don't call the last link from Asus direct "not a msrp" if they say a price then that's their msrp as far as I'm concerned.

And if you read my previous message I said it was funny how this release they decided not to release a price, yet they have in every other previous generations.

I really don't understand why people keep making excuses and trying to make it seem like this is something completely normal, it simply isn't. Do some people feel the need to defend faceless corporations that strongly? It really is quite shocking
But the Asus link isn't a MSRP. That's the price they have decided to charge.
And I'm not making excuses. People the completely wrong idea with MSRP, and that Nvidias own MSRP is different from Asus, MSI, EVGA etc etc (and even Nvidia themselves state starting price or starting from)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
But the Asus link isn't a MSRP. That's the price they have decided to charge.
And I'm not making excuses. People the completely wrong idea with MSRP, and that Nvidias own MSRP is different from Asus, MSI, EVGA etc etc (and even Nvidia themselves state starting price or starting from)

I'm well aware each AiB has their own msrp, never said anything to the contrary. I know nvidi have their own msrp for their FE cards.

And in every previous generational launch AiB price their SKUs generally ranging from the same price as nvidia fe cards or around $20-$100 more for their higher end models with better cooling etc.

This time around though that hasn't happened. They haven't even suggested what their prices are and the prices in retailers are 50% to 100% more than FE. That's unprecedented, I've never seen it before in 20+ years of buying PC parts.

And If the suggested price on Asus own website isn't proof of a Manufacturer suggested retail price then I don't know what is. I really can't be arsed carrying on this discussion if you don't accept a Manufacturer saying this is the price of our cards on their own website isn't a msrp.

Associate
I'm well aware each AiB has their own msrp, never said anything to the contrary. I know nvidi have their own msrp for their FE cards.

And in every previous generational launch AiB price their SKUs generally ranging from the same price as nvidia fe cards or around $20-$100 more for their higher end models with better cooling etc.

This time around though that hasn't happened. They haven't even suggested what their prices are and the prices in retailers are 50% to 100% more than FE. That's unprecedented, I've never seen it before in 20+ years of buying PC parts.

And If the suggested price on Asus own website isn't proof of a Manufacturer suggested retail price then I don't know what is. I really can't be arsed carrying on this discussion if you don't accept a Manufacturer saying this is the price of our cards on their own website isn't a msrp.
Your not getting it are you?
Guess what? And to make it clear, PRICES CHANGE, so that isn't a MSRP, that is the price when that website was published. Same with the reviews.

The only manufacturer I have seen post a price is EVGA, but even they sent out an email a few months back saying they had to put prices up due to manufacturing cost increases.

Back
Top Bottom