IKEA Lappland & PS5 Storage

Associate
Hi there,

I recently upgraded the TV/entertainment unit in my living room to the IKEA Lappland, I'm not sure how many people are familiar with this particular unit.

I've managed to squeeze the PS5 console in to one of the smaller, horizontal units underneath the TV, see pictures attached. Though the base is now sitting to the right of the console slightly, but it's quite a tight squeeze, so it's not going anywhere.

I'm just wondering if the console is okay living here? In terms of temps, and just generally. As I'm not keen on having it there, but my partner doesn't want it back out on display and prefers it to be hidden underneath the TV.

Thank you for your help.

20211201-083525.jpg

20211201-083544.jpg

Soldato
I appreciate its a very different console but I crammed my PS4 Pro into a similar space and it used to get absolutely boiling! It ends up just recycling hot air over and over

Soldato
Hi there,

I recently upgraded the TV/entertainment unit in my living room to the IKEA Lappland, I'm not sure how many people are familiar with this particular unit.

I've managed to squeeze the PS5 console in to one of the smaller, horizontal units underneath the TV, see pictures attached. Though the base is now sitting to the right of the console slightly, but it's quite a tight squeeze, so it's not going anywhere.

I'm just wondering if the console is okay living here? In terms of temps, and just generally. As I'm not keen on having it there, but my partner doesn't want it back out on display and prefers it to be hidden underneath the TV.

Thank you for your help.

My Ikea TV unit has a similar space that my PS5 is sat in, and it has been fine for the last 4-5 months.

Associate
As the back appears open then it should be fine as you're not blocking any vents, and air has a route out.

If airflow does become an issue you could always place a fan or 2 at the rear to get the air moving.

The best way to check would be a nice long gaming session of course ;)

Soldato
Looks like a similar size space to my cabinet, and the Ps5 has been fine in there.

Comparison with a PS4 aren't relevant. Mine was like an oven and overheated during the summer in the same place

Associate
OP
I wouldn’t put it there - it’s a powerful console and you’re putting it into an area with 0 air :)
It's an open backed unit, so there is airflow via the front and back.

Thanks for all of the replies so far. I guess I'll leave it here for the moment and test it out. If I have any issues, I'll see what I can do :)

Back
Top Bottom