Any washing machine experts in here?

Soldato
Hi.

I’ve got an Indesit washing machine which randomly in the middle of a wash gave an F06 error, which is related to the door locking mechanism.

The issue appears to be that although the door does lock when I start a programme the machine beeps and flashes the door lock light. Basically the machine thinks the door is not locked even though it is.

I’ve tried the usual unplug, leave for a good hour, and plug it back in again, but still the same issue.

Other than that I don’t know what else to try. The machine is probably 5 or 6 years old now and was a cheap machine when I originally bought it for my aunt.

Any thoughts appreciated, but I suspect there’s not much else to try and it’ll either need a mechanic or replacing.

Many thanks.

M.

Associate
Our old machine used to give that error a lot on a full load if was putting pressure on the door. The only thing we could do was lighten the load to avoid it. The machine didn't last machine longer anyway (6 months) before the bearings went. It lasted well for a cheap machine, five years. Usually limescale and hardworking kill even expensive ones despite tlc here.

Soldato
OP
Our old machine used to give that error a lot on a full load if was putting pressure on the door. The only thing we could do was lighten the load to avoid it. The machine didn't last machine longer anyway (6 months) before the bearings went. It lasted well for a cheap machine, five years. Usually limescale and hardworking kill even expensive ones despite tlc here.

Good idea, I’ll try taking some of the washing out and see if that’ll start it up.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Had to replace the internal control panel due to a faulty one, whilst waiting on delivery I used to manually override the pressure switch with a screwdriver (easy with the top off).

Also note that some washers have a manual pull you can use to unlock the door from the front. If you take off the bottom front panel of mine there is a green plastic cord to pull and manually release the lock.

Easy panel to replace, just have to make sure you get the right model for your unit.

Caporegime
Hi.

I’ve got an Indesit washing machine which randomly in the middle of a wash gave an F06 error, which is related to the door locking mechanism.

The issue appears to be that although the door does lock when I start a programme the machine beeps and flashes the door lock light. Basically the machine thinks the door is not locked even though it is.

I’ve tried the usual unplug, leave for a good hour, and plug it back in again, but still the same issue.

Other than that I don’t know what else to try. The machine is probably 5 or 6 years old now and was a cheap machine when I originally bought it for my aunt.

Any thoughts appreciated, but I suspect there’s not much else to try and it’ll either need a mechanic or replacing.

Many thanks.

M.

I have a Candy with the same thing, my Dad's did it too - there's a door sensor you can change but they usually last months before doing the same again.

You can try pushing on the door while starting the program, normally does the trick for me.

Man of Honour
Shame, hopefully one of the other tricks will work. I am beginning to hate modern appliances and their short lifespans and sodding error codes. Dishwasher is the current bugbear :p.

You can't beat the old types of domestic appliances when it was a simple knob, turn on and it worked.
I can always remember the first microwave we built at the Creda factory, the timer was so complicated that 6 white coats couldn't work it out so somebody said "Go get Pooley, he's got a brain" so I sat there trying to transcribe the instructions.
Shortly after that we made a single knob one where you set the heating and turned the knob to how many minutes and it was a corker.
Even some of the later cookers I got involved with had Timers so complicated that after around a build of 5000 we had to abandon them because nobody could work them.

Soldato
OP
Shame, hopefully one of the other tricks will work. I am beginning to hate modern appliances and their short lifespans and sodding error codes. Dishwasher is the current bugbear :p.

Haha. I was looking for a new machine anyway, I’ve effectively inherited this one by moving into my late aunt’s house.

Ive ordered myself an Ebac machine to replace this one.

Associate
I hadn't heard of Ebac until you mentioned them but I would interested to hear you thoughts once you had a bit of time your new machine.

A quick read of the website and trust pilot is rather positive and I am all for buying a long warranty UK built unit for environmental reasons, if they are at worth a punt.

Our current one is a cheap Hoover after our big Samsung died with just over five years service, Indesit before that, Hotpoint x 2. We could have done a commercial grade model to be honest but things aren't so bad now most the time.

Associate
Haha. I was looking for a new machine anyway, I’ve effectively inherited this one by moving into my late aunt’s house.

Ive ordered myself an Ebac machine to replace this one.
replaced the door switch on our old one pretty cheap and not much hassle. but if you have already bought a new machine stick the old one on the bay we did with ours and a trader bought it to recon it got 30 quid for it :)

Back
Top Bottom