What Audiobooks are you listening to ?

Associate
I've just finished listening to the third book in the Dungeon Crawler Carl series by Matt Dinniman.

These books have made me laugh so much I'm so glad a came across them, the characters are brilliant, also the narration by Jeff Hays brings so much life to them.

I highly recommend!

Soldato
Game of Thrones. On the latest booked.

Next up I’ve got David Attenboroughs book, it’s narrated by him so should be great. After that the plan is a random football book, probably something by J. Wilson.

Soldato
Project Hail Mary - From Andy Weir the guy behind the Martian and Artemis. Nearly at the end which is a shame as it's been really good so far.

Also narrated by the same guy who did the Bobiverse audiobooks.

Soldato
Just finished Alan partridge the oasthouse really good, also just finished Billy Connolly wind swept and interesting also despite it being his latest book it's his first one he actually wrote himself.

Permabanned
The Exorcist.

Narrated by William Peter Blatty himself. I've listened to hundreds of Audiobooks over the years but WPB's narration really is among the best, though of course he'd knows the characters better then anyone and he proved himself to be proficient at pretty much anything he put himself to, so it's no suprise that he did so well here. I listened to Legion last year which was narrated by Joe Hempel who was great, but I pined for Blatty the whole way through. An exceptional talent and from what I can tell a truly lovely man.

Permabanned
Game of Thrones. On the latest booked.

How did you find Roy Dotrices narration, particularly in the later books? Quite a few people detested him by the end as he changed key characters accents and made a few narration errors but I loved him. Felt that the flaws where completely endearing and his talent for VA work in general completely overwhelmed them. Christ knows who they're going to get to replace him if WoW or F&B2 come out :(

Caporegime
How did you find Roy Dotrices narration, particularly in the later books? Quite a few people detested him by the end as he changed key characters accents and made a few narration errors but I loved him. Felt that the flaws where completely endearing and his talent for VA work in general completely overwhelmed them. Christ knows who they're going to get to replace him if WoW or F&B2 come out :(
Is that the Ray Dotrice who’s father to the girls who play Betty in Some mothers do av em and Jane in Mary Poppins?

Permabanned
Is that the Ray Dotrice who’s father to the girls who play Betty in Some mothers do av em and Jane in Mary Poppins?

The very same! I believe he was married to the mother of Edward Woodward also!

He was actually in Game of Thrones. Played Hallyne the Pyromancer in the Battle of the Blackwater episode.

Man of Honour
Just finished re-listening to the Magic 2.0 series. Still think it's a great idea and series. Also recently re-listened to Will Save the Galaxy for Food by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw,

Currently listening to a bit of a silly series called Everybody Loves Large Chests. Apparently the style is called LitRPG. Slightly odd at times.

And some non-fiction - Ben Hastings - Chastise, it's about the Dambusters raid. Adam Savage - Every Tool's A Hammer, only just started this. James Hoffmann - World Atlas of Coffee, no prizes for guess what this is about. ;)

Still going through the whole Discworld Series again, for the umpteenth time. :D

Also got a few radio shows going on, Unbelievable Truth, Brig Society, Just a Minute, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

Associate
My last 3 books were Better off Dead from the Jack Reacher series; HG Wells Science Fiction Collection, and the Orwell Collection. Currently listening to American Tabloid by James Elroy, about 2 hrs in so far and getting into it. Looking forward to my next commute in 3 days to carry on.

Soldato
Mythos, narrated by Stephen Fry.
Unfortunately his silken voice tends to make me nod off after a few minutes, but fortunately i suffer with imsomnia, so i can catch up at 3 in the morning.

Associate
I loved that book, and the follow ups too. Generally most stuff narrated by Fry I'll enjoy. Also listened to the Norse mythology book, title escapes me right now, but that was also good, although a little drier and not narrated by Fry.

Back
Top Bottom