Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
It would just be a cheap(er) low power model, thats all. At the end of the day a 900W microwave will be the same whether its integrated or free standing.
That's not at all correct as the volume of the space, materials used, and rotating plate, are different in integrated oven & microwave vs. dedicated free standing.

Dedicated integrated might be a different story.

Caporegime
That's not at all correct as the volume of the space, materials used, and rotating plate, are different in integrated oven & microwave vs. dedicated free standing.

Dedicated integrated might be a different story.

Maybe some variations but every freestanding one varies and some cook better than others which is why you read reviews before buying. Just because its integrated, it doesnt mean its a better microwave even with a Siemens name on it. Some of the big high price brands are actually useless microwaves or cookers or dishwashers and are a waste of money.

Plus a lot of integrated ones are free standing ones with integrated kits so they are indeed exactly the same and would cook the same if they were the same make and model.

Both our last two kitchens have had integrated ones which have being freestanding with a kit for integration. I bet you could get a kit for your panasonic one and have it integrated.

Soldato
Maybe some variations but every freestanding one varies and some cook better than others which is why you read reviews before buying. Just because its integrated, it doesnt mean its a better microwave even with a Siemens name on it. Some of the big high price brands are actually useless microwaves or cookers or dishwashers and are a waste of money.

Plus a lot of integrated ones are free standing ones with integrated kits so they are indeed exactly the same and would cook the same if they were the same make and model.

Both our last two kitchens have had integrated ones which have being freestanding with a kit for integration. I bet you could get a kit for your panasonic one and have it integrated.
You are right but the basic maths is - take up a massive amount of counter space with a large, cumbersome appliance - and for the most part, be worse off. Or, fill a 60cm wide cupboard at its entirety and the height of a standard cupboard door. Selecting the specific product based on reviews is an enduring comment irrespective of anything else and applies to everything you could ever possibly buy.

If you are buying an integrated microwave smaller than a non-integrated one, you are doing life wrong anyway.

Caporegime
You are right but the basic maths is - take up a massive amount of counter space with a large, cumbersome appliance - and for the most part, be worse off. Or, fill a 60cm wide cupboard at its entirety and the height of a standard cupboard door.

If you are buying an integrated microwave smaller than a non-integrated one, you are doing life wrong anyway.

I just like empty and clean counter space. Not filled with clutter like microwaves. Personal choice.

Soldato
I just like empty and clean counter space. Not filled with clutter like microwaves. Personal choice.
Are you saying you like integrated microwaves because it frees up counter space? Or are you saying you are happy to get a smaller microwave and compromise on counter space?

Tbh on typing this I am not evening sure why I am asking. lol. Beats working I guess.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A Plague Tale: Innocence on STEAM sales. Just over £8 at 75% off currently. Great looking story game :cool:

A%20Plague%20Tale%20%20Innocence%20Screenshot%202021.11.30%20-%2002.50.29.66.png

Caporegime
Can't help but feel they are going to age really badly as well.

My partners parents got a new kitchen fitted which is eerily similar to the one on the last page and I really don't like it. They also have an idiot of a dog that go nuts at reflections. To the point where he headbutts things and tries to bite them. Their entire kitchen area is just one giant reflection so he is always chasing reflections and staring intently at one spot. Utterly baffling as the dog didn't like reflections before the kitchen was put in and unsurprisingly he hasn't got any better!

As always, each to their own but I might prefer a more rustic kitchen than the shiny door uber modern style that is in vogue right now.
I don’t like modern kitchens either. I’m not really a fan of modern decor at all.

I think a lot of it’s nostalgia driven. I think back to the days of the late 80’s/early 90’s and the much cosier comfortable feel we had. My nans living room was the cosiest room I can ever imagine in a block of flats. Warm colours, plush carpet. Very good flaming log effect heater with the obligatory mahogany mantel piece adorned with nik naks and a carriage clock that my grandad was given on retirement. Another display case in the corner with rustic patterned China ornaments.

Everything was just more homely than it is now.

Caporegime
Yeah - I believe that's German for Gucci :D Previous was a Franke and it didn't last very long for the supposed quality so I went up a level. In case anyone remotely cares, a linky: https://www.screwfix.com/p/grohe-ambi-dual-lever-mono-mixer-kitchen-tap-chrome/4353t

I hope it's fitted properly, otherwise it'll be loose and wobbly within 6 months. Also, be very aggressive with keeping any limescale off as those taps succumb to them very easily. The handles will also get stiff every few months, simply remove them, pull the cartridges out and soak them in descaler overnight before refitting.

Don't ask me how I know all this. Let's just say it's a very popular tap in commercial buildings.

Soldato
I don’t like modern kitchens either. I’m not really a fan of modern decor at all.

I think a lot of it’s nostalgia driven. I think back to the days of the late 80’s/early 90’s and the much cosier comfortable feel we had. My nans living room was the cosiest room I can ever imagine in a block of flats. Warm colours, plush carpet. Very good flaming log effect heater with the obligatory mahogany mantel piece adorned with nik naks and a carriage clock that my grandad was given on retirement. Another display case in the corner with rustic patterned China ornaments.

Everything was just more homely than it is now.

This sounds like a nightmare for me personally, mainly due to how long it would take to clean and dust everything :eek:

Clean, minimalist and modern for me every time. Saying that I barely spend more than 20-30 hours in my house awake each week so maybe that's why?

Soldato
I hope it's fitted properly, otherwise it'll be loose and wobbly within 6 months. Also, be very aggressive with keeping any limescale off as those taps succumb to them very easily. The handles will also get stiff every few months, simply remove them, pull the cartridges out and soak them in descaler overnight before refitting.

Don't ask me how I know all this. Let's just say it's a very popular tap in commercial buildings.

I remember your job before COVID screwed things so will happy accept the free expertise. The plumber knows his stuff: same guy who we used when the boiler needed replacing so pretty confident he did it right. We're not a limescale area: visiting "that London" always depresses me at the awful water quality. I see why people all drink the bottled stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom