Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Completed Hades, got to the true ending with the Credits. Stunning game, the gameplay, dialogue, characters, art style, everything about it was just top notch! Never felt I would love a game so much as much as this. There is always that element of just more run... 10/10 for sure.

Associate
I actually had trouble picking up any games I was muddling through on PS4 now I have moved over to the PS5.

I looked through the catalogue of PS Plus games and spotted Control, forgot that was there. Installed it Wednesday night and fired it up last night and really got it into it.

Plays so smoothly (still running 1080p plasma), the sound is surprisingly good through my old Gold v2s and the trigger pull on the controller really adds to feel of the game. The first time I fired the gun I didn't pull hard enough and wondered why I couldn't shoot anything :p.

The atmosphere takes back to the days of playing F.E.A.R for the first time on a newly upgraded PC.

Soldato
Finished Horizon Zero Dawn and the DLC. On to Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut. Played it less than a year ago but I am loving it all over again and I am looking forward to seeing the new island. Bit of Battlefield 2042 as a contrast as well.

Soldato
Not sure why, but I decided to play The Crew 2 today. It was bundled with my PS4 when I got it, but I was never that interested. Gave it a few hours today though, and found it pretty fun.
The handling is more like an old Dreamcast arcade racer, than anything bordering realistic. Once you get over it, it's not a problem though.
Enjoyable being able to switch between car/air and boat in an instant.

The usual Ubisoft massive map with loads of stuff. No way I'll be doing 100%, but that's what Ubi's games are. Play until you're bored and never touch again.

Associate
I picked up Outriders in the psn black Friday deals for £20. I'm having an absolute blast playing it and it's scratching my looter shooter itch. I initially slept on getting this but looks like I have joined at the perfect time- all the launch bugs fixed and a free new dlc just out.

Soldato
I picked up Outriders in the psn black Friday deals for £20. I'm having an absolute blast playing it and it's scratching my looter shooter itch. I initially slept on getting this but looks like I have joined at the perfect time- all the launch bugs fixed and a free new dlc just out.
I meant to grab that in the sale but it slipped my mind. I’ll get it from cex or something.

Man of Honour

It’s great in coop, but you lose a lot playing on your own.

Soldato
What to play at the weekend - Rise of the Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag... ??

I'd say Rise since you've just finished the first one. Third doesn't come close to how good the first two are though saying that none of the sequels are as good as the first. Probably a similar length to the first in 12-15 hours. Black Flag is a 23-25 hour game if you just stick to the story. 55-60 hours if you want to 100% it. Tough ask for a weekend!

Caporegime
I'd say Rise since you've just finished the first one. Third doesn't come close to how good the first two are though saying that none of the sequels are as good as the first. Probably a similar length to the first in 12-15 hours. Black Flag is a 23-25 hour game if you just stick to the story. 55-60 hours if you want to 100% it. Tough ask for a weekend!

Thanks, I'm going for Black Flag. :D I'll probably just do the story though and see how I get on.

Caporegime
Well Black Flag didn’t last long, I can’t get into it.

So went with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Now this is interesting. I have played a bit of this before, some years ago now when I first got my PS4 Pro. Interestingly it crashed the entire console whenever I played in 4K mode. Some folk on here said I might have a faulty console as it worked fine on theirs. I never did anything about it.

But I’ve been playing for hours today and not a single blip. The game never received any patches so it must have been fixed by Sony’s infamous “stability” firmware updates. Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom