What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It pains me when I think about when I added a Speedy to my 'list' to buy. A year ago or so I decided I'd save my pennies and buy one but they're about 50% up on when I first thought to buy one :(

Soldato
It pains me when I think about when I added a Speedy to my 'list' to buy. A year ago or so I decided I'd save my pennies and buy one but they're about 50% up on when I first thought to buy one :(
Totally. I didn't expect it at all and I got this from Japan and it's the least popular day date calendar, but I love it. They're going for c.2.5k now! I would have loved a 41 (fat wrists) but they were already a lot and are now even more.

Same for my Tudor BB though. That was 1500 for me (still stonking deal then) and they're 3k now. Madness.

Man of Honour
Tropic arrived today from France. No duty to pay, nice :cool:

Tropic.jpg

Man of Honour
The final piece arrived today. Not bad for £11.40 off eBay considering the Hamilton buckle, also 16mm cost over £30!

Strap looks the part completely now :cool:

dial-closeup-nicelighting.jpg

buckle.jpg

Also didn't notice the subtly sharp transition from polished to brushed on the side of the case until recently. This is fast becoming one of my new favourite watches in the box. Each watch has some historical significance / unique thing about it which I really enjoy.

case-side-showing-caseback.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Having seen in person how quickly and unevenly the Oris bronze patinas (and not always in a good way), I'd personally strike any Oris bronze cases off my wishlist from now on :p

Watch covered half way by a shirt cuff most of the day and watch worn daily? You're gonna have half a watch that looks different to the uncovered half within a week :D

Unless the bronze was treated to not patina beyond a certain level, then I would not buy any other bronze watch. Only a handful do this treatment like Stowa.

Love Oris, hate their bronze.

My ML bronze still looks amazing and the Zelos is still going strong as well.

Soldato
Looks like my Speedmaster needs to go in for servicing. It's not fully depleting the power reserve and is stopping after only around 14 hours. I wind it back up and it winds up way too quickly, about 12 turns instead of 25+. Annoying, I'm guessing I'm going to be without for a while!

dod

dod

Soldato
Looks like my Speedmaster needs to go in for servicing. It's not fully depleting the power reserve and is stopping after only around 14 hours. I wind it back up and it winds up way too quickly, about 12 turns instead of 25+. Annoying, I'm guessing I'm going to be without for a while!
mine has been the same for ages, never got round to sending it in :o

Soldato
Do you send it to Omega themselves or a service center? May I ask what you pay for a service, I only ask as I hope to be buying one next year!

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom