• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lisa Su - you can find consoles, you are just not willing to pay for them!

Soldato
Translation: Hardware unboxed are butthurt about something? :p

AMD don't set the price of consoles so how can they falsely advertise it?

On the actual call, it's clearly a joke comment, if in poor taste, between two people who have had discussions on this previously. It's a none issue that's being taken out of context to serve a point. Which is no surprise coming from Twitter.

Associate
As much as I have no doubt Lisa Su nor any other CEO gives a single crap about consumers... this is taken out of context. A bit disappointing from Hardware Unboxed, it wasn't a response to the full question, it was a clearly a joke from when he said "I'm pretty cheap" and they both laugh, she gives a real answer after he's finished the question. Did they not even bother to listen to the audio before tweeting that out?

Soldato
It is still a bad take on what she said in this climate.

Edit:- as almost always it will be taken out of context Amd never learn, how many times have they done this.

Soldato
She's right though? Everything is available provided you have the money to for it.

I took it as you can't buy consoles at RRP because they've all been scalped like cards? Which is true, not quite sure what the point of this selective tweet is tbh.

Did they not even bother to listen to the audio before tweeting that out?

Of course not that would totally destroy the clickbaity-ness of it.

Caporegime
Very typical of Steve to get his knickers in a twist over something he conflated in to something its not.

The exact quote was:

John Pitzer
A year ago virtually i couldn't find an XBox or a Play Station, where a year later i still can't find them pretty cheap....

Before he could finish that sentence Lisa Su had already interrupted him to say:

"you can find them you're just not willing to pay for it"

This was a response that Lisa didn't even think about, it was a friendly jibe at John to joke "you're just not willing to pay for it" period. not because he isn't willing to pay the inflated prices, Lisa didn't even hear that before she responded, at worst it was unfortunate timing on Lisa's part and nothing more. It was not a dig at him for not wanting to pay the inflated prices.

Steve is not so stupid that he doesn't realise this, he knows, but angry man needs to twist it so he can rage on Twitter like everyother angry keyboard warrior on that cancerous platform.

Soldato
Regardless of the intention, it does lack empathy. AMD's products have been a disaster this year I think. Sure, the company has made mega-bucks on console hardware, but they have had a year of basically paper launches of every other product.

Regardless of the twitter post, have AMD openly discussed the supply shortages? No. Have they openly and transparently discussed the GPU pricing disasters? No. Its poor customer care.

Soldato
Regardless of the intention, it does lack empathy. AMD's products have been a disaster this year I think. Sure, the company has made mega-bucks on console hardware, but they have had a year of basically paper launches of every other product.

Regardless of the twitter post, have AMD openly discussed the supply shortages? No. Have they openly and transparently discussed the GPU pricing disasters? No. Its poor customer care.

What they gonna do, make themselves or their partners special targets for abuse by mentioning any detail which could be easily taken out of context.

And for what. End of the day they're not in a position to guarantee anything about better supply or guarantee lower prices which is the only thing customers want to hear.

Back
Top Bottom