Satisfactory Alpha release

Associate
Some of the QoL changes in update 5 are spot on, theres a few in here that I have been asking for since day one :)

Started a new save on experimental so not really seen anything new yet

Only gripe is when you set a milestone it doesn't show up in the right hand corner what items you need farm don't know if that's normal for experimental only played normal version before hand

Man of Honour
More brilliant Update 5 changes that you might not know about...including some of the most commonly asked for features. Most notably, doors and floor sections that you can put elevators and pipes through ! (skip to 5:48 secs for the newly added features)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This soft and hard clearance and the ability to clip objects into each other and the tilted walls and roof pieces now is just brilliant. There are so many new ways to make things look, even simple things like knee high walls with a handrail along the top (by clipping the rail into the wall) and I've been making small horizontal windows that look like something from 2001 A Space Odyssey by clipping the window panels into walls , which look like proper windows. I'm currently working on a futuristic looking building with curved arches which looks like a cross between the sydney opera house and something from Logans Run :)

Associate
This soft and hard clearance and the ability to clip objects into each other and the tilted walls and roof pieces now is just brilliant. There are so many new ways to make things look, even simple things like knee high walls with a handrail along the top (by clipping the rail into the wall) and I've been making small horizontal windows that look like something from 2001 A Space Odyssey by clipping the window panels into walls , which look like proper windows. I'm currently working on a futuristic looking building with curved arches which looks like a cross between the sydney opera house and something from Logans Run :)

I've stated from new only u locked the conveyer lift floor hole and that's a game changer on its own Ive found it a bit fiddly tho

Man of Honour
I've stated from new only u locked the conveyer lift floor hole and that's a game changer on its own Ive found it a bit fiddly tho

Yeah I started fresh too, one change I have noticed is that windows now require Silica to make, if I recall correctly they used to only be concrete and iron.

Man of Honour
First step of my main reception building is underway, still a work in progress, I need to unlock the tilted roofing tiles and the tilted walls and do a few more tweaks with the windows around the building. The smaller front section of the building, on the left side, will have a curved roof

Associate
As someone relatively new to the game, what's usually the turnaround from a stable release to the mod community catching up? I ask as apparently you can't use the current mods on the Update 5 Exp. branch.

Man of Honour
phase 2 of the main reception building is done...its pretty basic compared to some peoples but then again I have all the design ability of Timmy Mallett :) , most of the internals are still just placeholders, thats next on my agenda

Associate
Some of the QoL changes in update 5 are spot on, theres a few in here that I have been asking for since day one :)

Very much so, enjoying it a lot more now.

Anyone good with the Satisfactory Calculator? I want to be able to put in how much of a certain ore i'm producing and what i want to make as the end product, and have it work the steps between, but currently i need to put in how many of the end product i want. Is that the only way?

Associate
Very much so, enjoying it a lot more now.

Anyone good with the Satisfactory Calculator? I want to be able to put in how much of a certain ore i'm producing and what i want to make as the end product, and have it work the steps between, but currently i need to put in how many of the end product i want. Is that the only way?
There's a tab for Input as well.

I use that, set it to SIMPLE, add the item I want as output, adjust it up or down until I get the number of constructors/mid-belt bandwidth/etc that I want.
Then you can click on REALISTIC to get the in-between buildings if you need them I guess?

Soldato
Started a new game today in the northern forest. It's cool but I don't like the present drops - is there a way to disable the seasonal event?

Soldato
They also scare the hell out of me when playing a new game with headphones on and one slams into the ground behind me in the forest at night..

Back
Top Bottom