Android music App

Associate
Am looking for an app for my Android phone an S20+ that will play .mp3's that are on a microsd card in the phone.

It appears that Google doesn't offer such basic functionality. Am concerned with other apps and the data they maybe collecting.

Any advice?

Soldato
Long time Poweramp user here too. There's a lot of options if you feel like tweaking the audio quality further. There's also Chromecast support which works very well even with FLAC files.

Associate
I like the functionality offered by the AIMP application. These guys thought over the functionality in great detail, they also paid attention to the issue firmware development. The application reads any format from the phone's memory or from an SD card.

Last edited:
Associate
GMMP (Gone Mad Media Player). Customisable like no other. You can set all the double tap, swipe up/down/left/right gestures, info tags and all that to how you want. It's fantastic.

There's a newer version with a new codebase, but I got used to the old one and still use that. I seem to remember the new one had a few things missing - it may well have caught up by now. The good thing is they have both versions available on the Play store.

Back
Top Bottom