Arizona officer fired after fatally shooting man in wheelchair

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

It was 9 shots I believe
I also am never ceased to be amazed in these incidents how they handcuff a dead body. I mean are you expecting a zombie? You should know and should be able to tell when you have shot someone dead.
Procedure.

Caporegime
Whilst I have little sympathy for armed robbers, the police went in totally overkill, yes there was a threat to the public but he could have been taken out non lethally quite easily.

Soldato
Oh I completely missed this was an attempt to crowbar some political BS in.

Thought it was a honest thread of disgust at excessive police force.

Man of Honour
This is what happens when becoming a police officer requires less training and licensing than a cosmetologist in many parts of America.

:(

Caporegime
'merica...

That's pretty damn ridiculous, I get that they don't want him back in the store after he's threatened staff with a knife but realistically, WTF is he going to do from the wheelchair, he might be a mental guy and if he were able-bodied and going nuts with a knife then sure, maybe shooting could be justified but WTF... he's a guy in a wheelchair.

Police officer needs to be charged with some degree of murder/homicide etc...

Bet the chief is glad it wasn't a black guy in a wheelchair at least!

Soldato
'merica...

That's pretty damn ridiculous, I get that they don't want him back in the store after he's threatened staff with a knife but realistically, WTF is he going to do from the wheelchair, he might be a mental guy and if he were able-bodied and going nuts with a knife then sure, maybe shooting could be justified but WTF... he's a guy in a wheelchair.

The store camera showed a staff standing inside the door clearly... not intimidated... by the guy rolling up in the wheelchair. I'll bet a weirdo in a wheelchair didn't even compare to her worst 10 retail moments.

Actually what she freaked out over was the policeman pulling out a pistol and comprehensively murdering the guy in her shop doorway. She ran away when that happened.

Expect to get your mind blown as the policeman explains his logic.

Oh here we go:https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ting-officer-fired-man-wheelchair/8819769002/

Guy was a genuine police officer, working off duty as Walmart security.

The alleged shoplifter showed a knife when asked for a receipt and left Walmart with security walking behind him while calling for backup.

Alleged shoplifter drives his wheelchair to enter Lowes and gets shot in the back 9 times.

The lawyer for the policeman says...
"He did have a Taser, but in his mind, he couldn’t use it because he didn’t feel he had the proper spread to deploy it, with the wheelchair between him and Richards,”

And because of that logic he's going with the defence that the policeman...
“had no nonlethal options."
I dunno, as the saying goes, if all you have is a tool, you probably shouldn't give them a firearm.

Something like that anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
If he was black the footage would probably have been kept hidden for years with the entire department rallying around the officer and the usual suspects doing their best to paint the victims in the worst light “he’s no angel” whilst making cases for why the shooting was justified.

Associate
Only been to the states once but I swear if I ever got stopped by a police officer, for whatever reason I would be petrified, I would do exactly what they requested on the basis that my life could possibly end within moments. Don't talk back, answer all questions, spend day in cell, yep np because it's sure better than being shot dead. Just to come out alive would be a relief. It makes me think twice about renting a car as well, I would have a very serious talk with the misses about the procedure should we get pulled over.

Soldato
they aren't even remotely similar situations... did the 12year old girl have a gun? was she a police officer?

My point was people say its "only a knife" When its a deadly weapon, you can get stabbed once and die.

Only been to the states once but I swear if I ever got stopped by a police officer, for whatever reason I would be petrified, I would do exactly what they requested on the basis that my life could possibly end within moments. Don't talk back, answer all questions, spend day in cell, yep np because it's sure better than being shot dead. Just to come out alive would be a relief. It makes me think twice about renting a car as well, I would have a very serious talk with the misses about the procedure should we get pulled over.

lol bit dramatic.

Associate
My point was people say its "only a knife" When its a deadly weapon, you can get stabbed once and die.

lol bit dramatic.

Evidently not. Too many situations to count that turned deadly for no reason. When a police officer can unload a clip like this then only get fired for it you have to question the entire system.

Back
Top Bottom