• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lisa Su - you can find consoles, you are just not willing to pay for them!

Soldato
Very typical of Steve to get his knickers in a twist over something he conflated in to something its not.

The exact quote was:

John Pitzer
A year ago virtually i couldn't find an XBox or a Play Station, where a year later i still can't find them pretty cheap....

Before he could finish that sentence Lisa Su had already interrupted him to say:

"you can find them you're just not willing to pay for it"

This was a response that Lisa didn't even think about, it was a friendly jibe at John to joke "you're just not willing to pay for it" period. not because he isn't willing to pay the inflated prices, Lisa didn't even hear that before she responded, at worst it was unfortunate timing on Lisa's part and nothing more. It was not a dig at him for not wanting to pay the inflated prices.

Steve is not so stupid that he doesn't realise this, he knows, but angry man needs to twist it so he can rage on Twitter like everyother angry keyboard warrior on that cancerous platform.

Jesus has Matt given you a job.....bug :cry:?

Soldato
Translation: Hardware unboxed are butthurt about something? :p

AMD don't set the price of consoles so how can they falsely advertise it?

On the actual call, it's clearly a joke comment, if in poor taste, between two people who have had discussions on this previously. It's a none issue that's being taken out of context to serve a point. Which is no surprise coming from Twitter.

All the YouTubers are butthurt. Jay two cents just showed why - every techbyoutuber channel that focuses on PC hardware has seen massive drop off in viewers and revenue this year

Soldato
All the YouTubers are butthurt. Jay two cents just showed why - every techbyoutuber channel that focuses on PC hardware has seen massive drop off in viewers and revenue this year

These channels sell hype and review videos for basically just cpus and gpus.

There's nothing to hype. In fact for a long period all we've been getting is downer videos however hard people try to dress it up. Weak stock. Obscene pricing. End of video advice: Good Luck.

Soldato

There's nothing to hype. In fact for a long period all we've been getting is downer videos however hard people try to dress it up. Weak stock. Obscene pricing. End of video advice: Good Luck.

Yeah they're not wrong though. They have nothing to say because of the situation and they are frustrated, as are consumers which is why a lot of people have switched off from it.

I'm as frustrated as he is about the state of things but its no reason to attack people personally, there is nothing Lisa can do about any of this, she would like to sell more stuff and make her company more money but she is also limited by her suppliers.

There is something Lisa can do. She might not be able to immediately solve the problems now, but she could set out how they will prevent it in the future. She could set out when the next line of products will be released, what their capability will be, and how many they will make and how they will sell them fairly. She could say all this, if she wanted to.

Soldato
It's a lot of rubbish any how. Ps5 in general is not hard to get at RRP. My mate has gotten 7 in the last 2 weeks for friends and family. Fair enough you can't just walk into a shop and buy to take away but non of those bought were gouged and were all from reputable retailers. All he did was install an app on his phone which alerted him to stock dropping from the big shops. I have had mine since release. I honestly wish getting an RRP gpu was so easy.

Caporegime
There is something Lisa can do. She might not be able to immediately solve the problems now, but she could set out how they will prevent it in the future. She could set out when the next line of products will be released, what their capability will be, and how many they will make and how they will sell them fairly. She could say all this, if she wanted to.

She has been pushing TSMC for more capacity, but its a huge investment for TSMC too, expanding capacity is very expensive, its costs Billions. Despite this TSMC are expanding capacity but it takes years to come online.

AMD are also testing Samsung as a way to expand, By the end of it AMD will be using TSMC, GloFo and Samsung, probably the only chip vendor using 3 fabrication companies, these things don't happen over night tho.

I don't know if or by how much AMD have inflated pricing at their end but AMD's margins were 46% in 2019, 48% in 2020 and margins are still 48% in 2021, Intel's Margins are falling, the only one of the big 3 whose margins are growing are Nvidia. So i would argue both AMD and Intel to their credit aren't doing much at all to inflate prices, which means its the supply chain they sell in to and the end retailers, there is only so much these companies can do about that, ultimately if suppliers and retailers want to profit from the supply and demand issue AMD, Intel, Nvidia can't stop them.

Soldato

I kinda feel sorry for them, but then half the techtubers are just awful/useless/shills so meh, not that sorry :p

Ah yes, because it would be a great move for a CEO to give detailed information on upcoming products to competitors, that's why they do it all the time... Oh, wait...

Soldato
Product lines are all very well but promising you'll have a solution for a globally crippling supply crisis?

That's not worth a CEO embarrassing themselves trying to claim power over such a large event.

Caporegime
AMD contract Digital River to supply cards to market - they have chosen , thanks to Brexit, NOT to supply cards to the UK.
And AMD are aware of this. Hence they obviously do not care (enough to resolve the situation).

You cannot delegate responsibility to another party and then throw your hands up and say, "Well, don't look at us!". It's AMD's product. If their chosen distributor cannot reach the UK, they have the power to do something about that. But they don't.

Like @RavenXXX2 , I have an nVidia card now thanks to the FE drops. There was no other choice as AMD don't supply the UK.

Associate
AMD contract Digital River to supply cards to market - they have chosen , thanks to Brexit, NOT to supply cards to the UK.
Strangely enough, Crucial continue to use them and over on the deals site they experiences haven't been that smooth. Selling more than they have stock etc., although some people did get a discount as a goodwill gesture. Anyway, Digital River are able to sell to the UK just not AMD reference cards.

Soldato
End of day ol Lisa is telling the truth, she's not lying.

Doesnt matter whether she is AMD CEO or selling chips in our local chippy what she said is true you can find PS5's for sale if you are willing to pay for them.

And AMD are aware of this. Hence they obviously do not care (enough to resolve the situation).
You cannot delegate responsibility to another party and then throw your hands up and say, "Well, don't look at us!". It's AMD's product. If their chosen distributor cannot reach the UK, they have the power to do something about that. But they don't.
Like @RavenXXX2 , I have an nVidia card now thanks to the FE drops. There was no other choice as AMD don't supply the UK.

but then again you need to rephrase your last sentence to suit your personal choice as there are other choices as AMD cards are available in the UK and that was the whole point of what AMD Lisa said. Your last sentence makes is sound like no AMD cards can be bought in the UK. Picking hairs, maybe.

Associate
Very typical of Steve to get his knickers in a twist over something he conflated in to something its not.

The exact quote was:

John Pitzer
A year ago virtually i couldn't find an XBox or a Play Station, where a year later i still can't find them pretty cheap....

Before he could finish that sentence Lisa Su had already interrupted him to say:

"you can find them you're just not willing to pay for it"

This was a response that Lisa didn't even think about, it was a friendly jibe at John to joke "you're just not willing to pay for it" period. not because he isn't willing to pay the inflated prices, Lisa didn't even hear that before she responded, at worst it was unfortunate timing on Lisa's part and nothing more. It was not a dig at him for not wanting to pay the inflated prices.

Steve is not so stupid that he doesn't realise this, he knows, but angry man needs to twist it so he can rage on Twitter like everyother angry keyboard warrior on that cancerous platform.

she is right though, many wont be able to buy a card as an example due to mining/supply and such has created shortage in the market.
double the price seems well out of hand really
I hope its resolved some when next generation comes out next year.

V F

V F

Soldato

I rarely watch Jay as I've noticed he has changed greatly after he got 1 million followers and everything else that followed it. So many people seem to be the same. In their normal life before fame and lots of money they seem to be quite humble but once a lot of success has arrived, money and fame comes their way with an arrogance and looking down to others creeps in. The full of oneself attitude.

Look through a lot of these Youtubers how different they were before all the money, sponsors, free stuff came their way to the videos you see today. They're greatly different. Even Jay wasn't as cocky back then as you see today.

Jay even to a degree was so different when he used to do 3 hour live streams many years ago with Barnacules.

Hardware enthusiasts are a sensitive bunch.

Well it is all about the numbers, viewing, followers, clicks. The money drops they get upset.

Soldato
when will folk realise AMD is not your friend, just as bad as nvidia, intel etc etc.
AMD does no one a favor except for thei share holders, we mean squat to theses companies

Back
Top Bottom