Aquaero / EK varder fans / splitty9

Associate
Hi guys, I just read over on the aqua computer English forums, that EK varder fans do not work with splitty9.

One of the explanations given is that there is something particular about the electronics of EK varder fans that doesn’t work with splitty9.

The solution to fix this issue is to apparently cut the tach (rpm) line of each fan, or, remove the pin on each splitty9 header that receives the tach line of each fan.

Has anyone heard of this issue? Has anyone used recent varder fans with this setup? My fans are EK varder x3m rgb.

I am about to put a build together with these components, so am going to be pretty stuffed if this is a real issue!

Any comments much appreciated :)

Associate
just seen Sven's reply about this on a related post- easiest way to solve is to do the pin cut on the splitty- just leave the 1 connected to get PWM working- decent pair of side snips will sort it no bother

Associate
just seen Sven's reply about this on a related post- easiest way to solve is to do the pin cut on the splitty- just leave the 1 connected to get PWM working- decent pair of side snips will sort it no bother

especially when the Splitty is cheap to buy. Rather mod that than to mod the actual fan.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, yes if it comes to it, will have to mod the splitty9s.... would have thought that this sort of compatibility issue would deserve a mentioned in the sales spiel.

Last edited:
Associate
being devil's advocate here- must be difficult to ensure every single type of fan works as I would think a lot of them do it very differently but AC could point out that there are issues with known fans including the Varders:D

Back
Top Bottom