Adele asks Spotify to remove the random button (for albums)

Man of Honour
The old rarely like the music of the young and each generation says the next is worse than theirs. Not a massive Adele fan but she is a good singer and a decent song writer I find it funny you compared her to two artists who are nothing like her.

I'd be interested to know what the perfect music Darujhistan listens to that is oh so better than anything else.
At least the metal I listen to I know most people hate it but I wouldn't say it's better than anything else (except Jazz).
I hate this mentality of "What I listen to or watch is better than you do", people should grow up.

Soldato
Most definitely this!

Never has someone made so much money from so little talent. Churning the same waily dross out every few years just with a different number on it.

How ridiculous.

She's undeniably talented and her music appeals to many generations.

Although I do imagine virgins who never had relationships might not find any of it relatable.

Soldato
How ridiculous.

She's undeniably talented and her music appeals to many generations.

Although I do imagine virgins who never had relationships might not find any of it relatable.

Seriously? I doubt Adele has a clue what makes a good relationship, all hers last about five minutes. Oh well, they make good material to wail oh woe is me about.

I certainly don't want to listen to it.

Soldato
Seriously? I doubt Adele has a clue what makes a good relationship, all hers last about five minutes. Oh well, they make good material to wail oh woe is me about.

I certainly don't want to listen to it.

It's not about what a good relationship is about though is it? It's about relationships that lots of people could relate to.

I'm sure you're aware of how many marriages end in divorce right? People in happy care and drama free relationships are actually probably more rare than you'd imagine.

In rare cases people might stay with their first partner forever but that's a tiny number.

For the record I don't listen to much Adele but I appreciate the talent in her writing and vocal ability.

Who do you listen to so I can appreciate what better stuff sounds like?

Man of Honour
In rare cases people might stay with their first partner forever but that's a tiny number.

Hardly rare, maybe a little more these days. 9/10ths of my family/relatives are still with their first serious partner, probably 70% of my school friends are still with their first partner 20-30 or more years on and I imagine most will continue to stay in those relationships though obviously not all will.

It seems to go out the windows somewhat with those under mid 20s or so though - many of the younger ones at work have kids with more than one person and on their 3rd or 4th partner and some are barely into their 20s! (a couple of them have even been divorced twice before 25 FFS).

Soldato
It's not about what a good relationship is about though is it? It's about relationships that lots of people could relate to.

I'm sure you're aware of how many marriages end in divorce right? People in happy care and drama free relationships are actually probably more rare than you'd imagine.

For the record I don't listen to much Adele but I appreciate the talent in her writing and vocal ability.

Who do you listen to so I can appreciate what better stuff sounds like?

Adele is self centered and self indulgent, that's why her relationships fail. And that reflects in her music.

Anyway, that's besides the point. It's my personal opinion that she's a talentless wailer who churns the same crap out every few years.

Obviously plenty of people disagree with me as she sells millions. But the music buying public aren't exactly discerning judging by the quality in general of modern music.

Music is all about opinions anyway, so it doesn't really matter what I like. If you like Adele, then you are unlikely to like anything I listen to. And I don't really care.

Man of Honour
If you like Adele, then you are unlikely to like anything I listen to. And I don't really care.

That's a load of rubbish.
Your music (Doves and Matt Berninger to name two) is closer to Adele's music than me listening to Slayer, Megadeth, Clawfinger, Metallica, Volbeat etc and I can listen to her.
Why do you have to pigeon hole music - it's either good or bad no matter what the genre?

Soldato
That's a load of rubbish.
Your music (Doves and Matt Berninger to name two) is closer to Adele's music than me listening to Slayer, Megadeth, Clawfinger, Metallica, Volbeat etc and I can listen to her.
Why do you have to pigeon hole music - it's either good or bad no matter what the genre?

Those two examples barely scratch the surface of what I listen to. Loads of older classic stuff like Pink Floyd and Rush. These are bands with musicianship and creativity at the peak of their powers. Unlike Adele.

Man of Honour
Those two examples barely scratch the surface of what I listen to. Loads of older classic stuff like Pink Floyd and Rush. These are bands with musicianship and creativity at the peak of their powers. Unlike Adele.

Last night I was rehearsing Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Spirit of Radio with my band and I can still listen to Adele so what's your point?
She writes some amazing songs just like those two bands.

Soldato
Adele is self centered and self indulgent, that's why her relationships fail. And that reflects in her music.

Anyway, that's besides the point. It's my personal opinion that she's a talentless wailer who churns the same crap out every few years.

Obviously plenty of people disagree with me as she sells millions. But the music buying public aren't exactly discerning judging by the quality in general of modern music.

Music is all about opinions anyway, so it doesn't really matter what I like. If you like Adele, then you are unlikely to like anything I listen to. And I don't really care.

You seem to know a lot about her considering you don't like her. I don't know her personally so I can't really comment on her relationships or her personality behind closed doors .

You seem quite passionate and have the standard "modern music" mindset. I spend most of my time listening to 60s-80s music but realise that in each of them decades people's parents would have been giving the whole "your music isn't as good as it was in my day" speech.

She writes her own songs and sings without auto tune. Even a highly respected master musician like Rick Beato can appreciate what she does.

And here's one for your liking of Pink Floyd.

Soldato
Last night I was rehearsing Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Spirit of Radio with my band and I can still listen to Adele so what's your point?
She writes some amazing songs just like those two bands.

I'm sorry, I just can't stomach Adele. I have to reach for the off switch whenever she comes on. That's just me and I'm entitled to my opinion.

Soldato
Those two examples barely scratch the surface of what I listen to
I listen to Doves (not much, mind), Pink Floyd.. plus Metallica, Slayer.. plus John Coltrane, Kendrick Lamar, Dizzee Rascal... plus *drumroll* Adele very occasionally. I thought people stopped caring about music genres around about their twenties and stop living in a student-y bubble of what's "cool" in their circle of friends.

As @SexyGreyFox says, she writes some amazing songs, some boring ones, some samey ones (but I guess as singer focussed on ballads there's not much else you can do)... you simply can't deny her skills, and anyone with an ounce of musical talent themselves can appreciate her in some form. Watch some of her live performances and I don't mind saying she brought a tear to my eye. But then again, good live music can do that regardless of genre.
That's just me and I'm entitled to my opinion.
You're entitled to it, but you seem to want to argue that she has no talent which is different from not liking her (and obviously, wrong).

Man of Honour
As @SexyGreyFox says, she writes some amazing songs, some boring ones, some samey ones (but I guess as singer focussed on ballads there's not much else you can do)... you simply can't deny her skills, and anyone with an ounce of musical talent themselves can appreciate her in some form. Watch some of her live performances and I don't mind saying she brought a tear to my eye. But then again, good live music can do that regardless of genre.

and I'll also say sitting down at a keyboard or guitar learning Floyd songs is only a short distance away from learning Adele songs - both use beautifully crafted chords with instant melodies. I could imagine Floyd actually covering some Adele stuff with added Gilmour solo's.

Back
Top Bottom