Cash is only used by the poor or elderly

Soldato
As it’s the beginning of the month, had a customer who I served wanted to pay by card. She said it’s a new card first time she’s using it. I said you need to do first transaction by chip n pin. She had a go at me. I explained it’s security and ALL banks and other financial institutions that do cards do this. It’s just in case if the card gets delivered to the wrong address. The address on envelope is different to yours.

My parents had marriage certificate posted to their address but for the next road and sane house number.

Soldato
I suspect most drug deals are done in cash lol

Many notes have minute traces of drugs on them. If a note used by a drug dealer or for consumption of drugs gets banded up with a note band and then goes into a note bag (5 bands of notes per bag as I can remember) then all the notes will be contaminated. Then a note from this bag goes into another bag - more contamination…

Man of Honour
FWIW.
I am elderly. I do use cash. Once a month I pay the window cleaner a tenner. A taxi occasionally - the last time was a pub lunch with my family. That was a fiver. The rest is things like groceries, internet shopping, all delivered to our door. No cash required.

I’m emphatically NOT taking the ****, but a pub lunch with your family for a fiver!!
I can imagine that a pregnant woman constitutes a family, and if she had a coffee and a slice of bread she just may have got away with a fiver, or did everyone buy their own, and you had a beer and a packet of crisps?

Soldato
I’m emphatically NOT taking the ****, but a pub lunch with your family for a fiver!!
I can imagine that a pregnant woman constitutes a family, and if she had a coffee and a slice of bread she just may have got away with a fiver, or did everyone buy their own, and you had a beer and a packet of crisps?
I think the taxi from the pub was a fiver

Soldato
I was reading a story yesterday about a McDonalds drive-thru and them refusing to take a multiple order from one car. There were 4 people in the car and instead of buying one big order and then splitting up the costs between them they wanted McDonalds to run 4 seperate orders through, so they could each use their own card. This was refused.

But reading about this situation it got me thinking, if there was no cash and no internet, then there is no way to send someone, a friend etc, money.

Soldato
:cry::cry::cry:

Associate
I was reading a story yesterday about a McDonalds drive-thru and them refusing to take a multiple order from one car. There were 4 people in the car and instead of buying one big order and then splitting up the costs between them they wanted McDonalds to run 4 seperate orders through, so they could each use their own card. This was refused.

But reading about this situation it got me thinking, if there was no cash and no internet, then there is no way to send someone, a friend etc, money.

i worked in mcdonalds for years across drive throughs and i used to do multiple orders for same car, OVER AND OVER again and it was never a problem, got a feeling the media story found the dumbest and laziest of the workers there.

Soldato
i worked in mcdonalds for years across drive throughs and i used to do multiple orders for same car, OVER AND OVER again and it was never a problem, got a feeling the media story found the dumbest and laziest of the workers there.

It happened to a guys whos channel I watch and he video'ed it. It was in the newspapers to, and he's had an apology.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16819460/shocking-moment-mcdonalds-employee/

The 50-year-old claims they were told they couldn't pay for four Big Macs separately and were told go round the drive thru three times more to make individual orders.

His actual video of the incident.

Yeah definitely an nice anecdote but that's it. Never has it been an issue to place 3/4 different orders from one vehicle.

With that said, I love the order from the car park option now from the app. In fact not even from the car park but from home, I jus toay when parked and its then made

Man of Honour
Soldato
I think that the bigger bunch of onanists in that waste of a video were the boring berks in the car, McDonalds should do everyone a favour and bar them for life, not just in Pembroke Dock, but in the world.

Yes I think he was dragging on a point. But if the Mcdonalds staff had just done 4 orders using 4 different cards there wouldnt have been an issue.

If there was no cash around then thats what would have had to happen anyway.

Soldato

Sometimes it’s quicker to go inside McDs to order. Though have to wear a mask now…. As I did a few experiments with a friend. One ordered through drive thru and other inside. To make things fair, we ordered the same items.

Soldato
Refused a note from a customer yesterday as he lowered mark to hold it in his mouth! Why do people still do this foul thing? How would we like it if we lowered our masks, hold a note in our mouths before we hand it over? Not one bit! So why do they find it acceptable? If any customer doesn’t like this, our managers will back us up 100%.

Then on Monday, had a customer had a lottery ticket in her mouth. I refused to touch it. Customer said she won a lucky dip on Sat’s Lotto. Explained that I refuse the ticket plus the terminal doesn’t accept damp tickets (a lie - as can type in the number instead)
Well you got to about 21st May. Customer struggled to respond.

Love killing off a conversation like that.

Soldato
And not a black cab, unless the pub is across the road

:cry::cry:

Most Fintech banks allow you to split/share a bill amongst contacts.

Back
Top Bottom