*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
This is what I've read, however as I'd cancel otherwise there's not much incentive for me to stay, plus I'm a Platinum VIP at 9 years which must count for something.
Sadly loyalty doesn’t seem to count for anything other than the warm fuzzy feeling that you’ve probably been paying Sky too much for too long.
You’ll invariably need to play the cancel and renegotiate game to get a better deal.

Soldato
Sadly loyalty doesn’t seem to count for anything other than the warm fuzzy feeling that you’ve probably been paying Sky too much for too long.
You’ll invariably need to play the cancel and renegotiate game to get a better deal.

In that case I'll look to cancel in the next few weeks or so once the F1 season concludes (or sooner if F1 TV Pro is good enough), and see if they come crawling back :p

Associate
Maybe look at the F1 pro app while also using a VPN :)

Just been reading up on this and it looks like a bad idea. You run the risk if having your sub cancelled with no refund if the van is detected.

Looks like they are doing a deal to add F1 TV as another paywall tier for Sky Q subcribers. Already happening in France and Germany but German fans get hit with a higher price and it looks like UK will suffer the same.

Caporegime
Just been reading up on this and it looks like a bad idea. You run the risk if having your sub cancelled with no refund if the van is detected.

Looks like they are doing a deal to add F1 TV as another paywall tier for Sky Q subcribers. Already happening in France and Germany but German fans get hit with a higher price and it looks like UK will suffer the same.
Source?

Soldato
If you only interested in F1 - getting the F1 event pass for NowTV is pretty cost effective

Edit: it's just called "Now" and not "NowTV" after a recent rebrand - soon to be replaced with "Peacock" I assume

Soldato

Has anyone ever had heard of that happening to anyone? Slim to none is the chance of that happening I would say.

Associate

I will try and find the page again, it was a motorsports news site via Google, I haven't got history enabled on my phone to avoid rubbish from my daughter using when hers is charging.

It suggested it very much that F1 TV are keen to tie in these partnerships in territories where it is possible (probably anywhere non US :p).

Soldato
I will try and find the page again, it was a motorsports news site via Google, I haven't got history enabled on my phone to avoid rubbish from my daughter using when hers is charging.

It suggested it very much that F1 TV are keen to tie in these partnerships in territories where it is possible (probably anywhere non US :p).
Just found an article from 2020 saying it was due 2021 so already happened

Associate
That’s not what he was saying though? A few people on here use it quite regularly presumably without issue so I can’t imagine its a big issue.

Out of interest does F1 pro do UHD?

If that is the case I am glad to hear it and more so as a friend of mine would be very interested in it. I do know people who have used ell regarded VPNs for other US streaming services that have have failed, thankfully without account loss.

As to the Sky Q tie in, I will apologise as to not doing further research into the source on that. It turns out to be a motorsports news blog post from a year ago, and I cannot find anything else that confirms such a story. or the origins of their post.

Soldato
Spending a whole £17 on F1TV Pro (sign up via VPN) for a year is certainly a much better deal that paying monthly, and the quality isn't too bad to be honest. Never seen any content blocked at all via VPN access, also way cheaper than doing it via Sky, who still charge an HD addon. :cry:

Man of Honour
I'm curious why the discussion of F1TV Pro + VPN is allowed here and in the F1 threads, yet any mention of Linux distributions and Usenet are removed nearly straight away.

Back
Top Bottom